News By Tag
News By Location
Build Credibility and Trust with Frontline Customer Service Reps
Seven simple steps will help customer service and support managers build credibility and trust with their frontline staff. An article in Customer Service Newsletter explains how.
In fact, "When credibility is maintained, high-performance teams emerge and personal relationships are strengthened, deepened and healthy," says consultant Nancy Stampahar in the March issue of Customer Service Newsletter. Following are seven leadership behaviors that Stampahar believes build credibility and trust:
* Make your actions match your words; follow through and keep your promises.
* Create a track record of achievements and establish yourself as an expert in service issues.
* Communicate clear and consistent goals, expectations, and standards.
* Listen with empathy; understand other perspectives, validate people, and ask questions to show interest and eliminate false assumptions.
* Make an effort to show genuine sincerity and concern for reps as individuals.
* Maintain confidentiality and stay out of the gossip circuit.
* Approach rather than ignore tough conversations and situations.
# # #
About the Customer Service Group
For more than 20 years, the Customer Service Group has helped customer service, call center and help desk managers increase productivity, improve service quality and boost customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention. The Customer Service Group publishes "Customer Service Newsletter" and "The Customer Communicator."