News By Tag
News By Location
2nd Annual Inner Peace Festival
The Center of Light invites the people of Chicago to the 2nd Annual Peace Festival and Lantern Parade in Lincoln Square. The event includes peace stations, origami peace cranes, multimedia and a community lantern parade.
The event includes:
• Peace Stations to contribute your positive intentions for the growth and prosperity of our city
• Creating origami peace cranes and peace doves
• A multi-media experience where you can share your message for peace in the world
• Lantern Parade: Bring your personalized lantern to “shine your light” for peace as we stroll through Lincoln Square (Battery powered only – no candles allowed).
The Lights on Lincoln Peace Walk is organized by the Center of Light, a non-denominational Christian organization with the mission of bringing world peace through developing each individual’s personal inner experience of peace. In addition to events like the Peace Festival, the Center of Light also offers free classes with topics like meditation, prayer, and connecting with God. VIsit www.chicago.centersoflight.org
Giddings Plaza (next to Selmarie in Lincoln Square)
4731 N. Lincoln Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
Saturday, April 9:
• 5:30 – 7:30pm Inner Peace Festival
• 7:30 – 8:30pm Lantern Parade
• Rev. Gabrielle Fisher, Director of the Center of Light Chicago is available for interviews before, during and after the walk.
The Inner Peace Festival will be an event that brings the community together and raises greater awareness of peace in the city of Chicago. We will peacefully walk the sidewalks of Lincoln Avenue as a reminder that each person has something to contribute to making peace happen in this city and on this planet… each one shining their personal light for peace.