News By Tag
News By Location
Spring cleaning for your Chevrolet!
Spring is a time of fresh starts and renewals. Extend the “spring cleanup” you give your house and yard to your vehicle. You’ll not only improve its performance and lengthen its life, but you’ll spare yourself time, money and aggravation.
By: Carr Chevrolet
1. Remove clutter from your car. Vacuum the carpeting; Windex the windows; wipe the headlights with a soft, damp rag. Wash and wax your vehicle to remove winter salt and grime and protect the finish.
2. Cooling system (radiator): flush and refill according to the service manual’s instructions. The level, condition and concentration of the coolant should be checked periodically. Important – first let the engine cool down before removing the radiator cap.
3. Carr technicians tell us that skipping oil changes can greatly reduce your vehicle’s life. Change the oil and oil filter as specified in your owner’s manual. Be sure to properly dispose of used oil. Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended in your service manual.
4. Check your tires, including the spare. Let them cool down before che cking their pressure. Uneven wear, cupping, vibrations or pulling to one side indicates problems with your tires or suspension system.
5. For safety and convenience, inspect all lights and bulbs, and replace any that are burned out.
6. Replace worn wiper blades and always have plenty of washer solvent on-hand to combat summer’s dust and insects.
7. Read your owner’s manual and follow recommended service schedules for your specific vehicle.
Mechanical Services to Schedule with an Auto Technician Don’t risk being stranded or getting less than you should from your car at trade in. A little attention to the basics now will improve its appearance and performance for years to come. Now scheduling with your service center is easy, thanks to this handy checklist of items for the spring season.
1. First, find a quality service shop. Look for one that services cars equal in value to your own (their parking lot will speak volumes!). Go inside and check out the equipment in the service bays (for example, some service centers – like the Carr Service Department - have state-of-the-
2. Have your technician check the tightness and condition of belts, clamps, and hoses. (Carr technicians recommend that belts and hoses be inspected monthly). Worn, glazed or frayed belts should be replaced, as should bulging, rotten or brittle hoses. Clamps should be tightened.
3. Anything that is worn or damaged should be replaced to prevent sudden breakdowns.
4. If your air conditioner system is faulty, have it checked. Cooling inefficiency could be the result of a lack of air flow across the condenser. Have your mechanic make sure the electric cooling fan motor near the condenser is coming on. In fan blade models, the fan should turn very fast. Also have your mechanic check the Freon level and pressure. Air conditioners on older vehicles often contain ozone-depleting chemicals that could be released into the air if the system isn’t working properly.
5. If your engine is experiencing hard starts, rough idling, or stalling, have it fixed. Often times, the trouble stems from basic things like worn spark plugs, a dirty air filter, or bad ignition wires, but if you’re not mechanically inclined whatsoever, it’s best to go straight to a professional. (Taking care of little things early will likely improve your gasoline mileage and prevent minor problems from becoming expensive repairs later on.
6. Don’t neglect your transmission.
We are the LARGEST Chevrolet Dealership in the Northwest which gives us a HUGE allocation which enables us to provide a greater selection to our customers than other dealerships in our region. We service Portland, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Wilsonville, Vancouver and the rest of the metro area!
To view our Service Specials: http://www.carrchevrolet.com/
To schedule a Service Appointment please call 503-644-2161 or clink on the following link: http://www.carrchevrolet.com/
To view our Inventory please go to www.carrchevyworld.com
# # #
Carr is a family owned and operated business that has been rated in the Top 100 Companies to Work for in Oregon 5 times! We have over 50 employees that have been with Carr for over 10 years! We are active in the community, sponsoring various schools and non-profits and giving tens of thousands of dollars a year to the United Way. Carr also adopts some of it's own employees every year for Christmas when our "family" members need a little extra help!
For over 70 years, Carr has been the leader in Sales and Service for General Motors. Our multi-million dollar service facility is equipped with state of the art diagnostic and repair equipment to handle even the most complex problems. Our Parts department is very knowledgeable and well stocked- if we don't have it we can get it quickly! We also have a great tire department if you would like to upgrade the wheels and tires on your new vehicle. Carr is also the Highest Rated Dealership in Customer Satisfaction in the Northwest.