News By Tag
* Russell Croww
* Cherry Juice
* Tart Cherries
* Heart Disease
* Belly Fat
* More Tags...
News By Place
Why A Glass Of Cherry Juice Could Help Russell Combat His “belly Fat”
HE’s the latest celebrity to be photographed battling ballooning weight. But Gladiator star Russell Crowe could do worse than drink cherry juice, which a study has shown can help combat the dreaded “belly fat”.
But Gladiator star Russell Crowe could do worse than drink cherry juice, which a study has shown can help combat the dreaded “belly fat”.
Research by scientists at the University of Michigan has shown that including cherries in the diet for 12 weeks can reduce body fat by 9 per cent
This was particularly so in fat deposited around the waist area, which contributed most to heart disease risk.
The researchers said that the high level of antioxidants found in tart cherries, such as the Montmorency ones used to produce cherry juice drinks such as Cherrygood, were responsible for the heart health benefits. They also noted cherry consumption may have an impact on important fat genes and genetic expression.
Tart cherries also have the potential to lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation which had heart benefit links.
A glass of tart cherry juice also contains more antioxidants than five portions of banana, tomatoes, watermelon, peas and carrots – crucial to slowing down the ageing process.
There are currently two products in the range – Cherrygood Original and Cherrygood Light. Both one litre variants are available in all major supermarkets and cost £1.39. Further product launches are planned for later this year.
• Cherries contain more antioxidants than any other fruit and are said to help prevent insomnia and to slow down the ageing process.
• They help you sleep. Tart cherries are one of the very few known food sources of melatonin, crucial to the maintenance of regular sleep patterns.
• Brain health – The melatonin also helps maintain optimum brain functioning. Research also suggests that the anthocyanins found in cherries further protect neural cells and promote brain health.
• Reduce gout – cherry juice is well known for its ability to help lower blood uric-acid levels and reduce gout pain.
• Anti-inflammatory properties – tart cherries have been shown to significantly reduce muscle pain following rigorous exercise.
# # #
We are a communications consultancy which specialises in generating outstanding media coverage for our clients.
We pride ourselves on knowing the media inside out so have a total understanding of what it is that makes great column inches for them.