News By Tag
* Commercial Vehicle
* New Cars
* Electric Car
* Green Cars
* Used Vehicles
* More Tags...
News By Location
Mitsubishi Concept - Global Small The "e-compact"
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) is now pushing the boundaries of global product planning with the forthcoming introduction of "Global Small"
Previewed as "Concept-Global Small" at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, this "e-compact" will be unveiled in production form towards the end of this year, prior to a start of production scheduled for early 2012 at an equally all-new plant Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is currently building in Thailand - its third factory in this strategic production hub.
*Lancer, Outlander, ASX, Delica D:5
Global product of the "Global Village"
This new Mitsubishi will be proposed as an entry model for emerging markets as well as a fuel efficient car in developed markets. As such, this all-new e-compact project shall be MMC’s answer to some fundamental evidences:
1. With 80% of its total output bound for export, Mitsubishi Motors ought to take into consideration the trend towards globalization in trade and communications, no matter the market segment.
2. In fast developing markets such as China, ASEAN and other emerging areas (50% of all world markets by 2013), MMC shall embrace the increasing demand for personal mobility through affordable, fuel efficient and substantial yet compact vehicles.
3. In the mature markets of Japan, North America or Europe, downsizing and efficiency are key to meet ever stringent environmental regulations whilst fulfilling the need for multi-motorization with sensible products in a re-invented B-Segment.
4. In the face of volatile exchange rates & commodity prices as well as the challenge to serve all world markets with small vehicles delivering - by definition - low margins, Mitsubishi Motors shall pursue the highest level of efficiency in its production system through the concept of global production hub.
Developed in Okazaki (Japan) - MMC’s global R&D Center - in less than 2 years, the forthcoming Global Small project is meant to merge all these "eco/compact"
1. "e" for "efficiency":
2. "e" for "engineering":
3. "e" for "environment":
4. "e" for "electric vehicle": as a further environmentally friendly measure - and a direct effect of its fully integrated Global Small architecture - e-compact is engineered to accommodate a further variant, fitted with a 100% electric powertrain.
5. "e" for "economies": robust and reliable by design as customary for Japanese products, "Global Small" should also guarantee low running costs.
6. "e" for "effective design": as a daily reliable runabout equally at ease crossing the bush, tackling megapole traffic or blasting highways (within speed limits), the Mitsubishi e-compact was styled with no-nonsense efficiency-first in mind. Robust looking yet enjoying sophisticated aerodynamics, it should grace traffic nonetheless with a friendly face.
7. "e" for "export": the first of its kind, "Global Small" will be built at MMC’s dedicated hub of Laem Chabang Industrial Estate in the Chonburi province of Thailand. The forecasted annual volume of 150,000 units (with a possible increase to 200,000 units) will be exported to the ASEAN countries , Japan, North Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and many other markets around the world.
For further information contact
Head of Corporate Communications
Phone: 08 8275 2348
Mobile: 0408 320 797
# # #
Mitsubishi works hard to develop award winning new cars (http://www.mitsubishi-
If you would like to know more about the iMiEV Electric Cars (http://www.mitsubishi-