News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Location
Cloth Diaper Enthusiasts preparing to set Earth Friendly World Record on April 23, 2011
Amazing Global Response to US initiated Earth Day Celebration: World wide locations will gather simultaneously for a Guinness World Records Event of the most babies changed into a cloth diaper.
Parents, child birth educators, lactation consultants, pediatricians and environmentally responsible businesses agree that it is not environmentally or financially justified to continue sending billions of disposable diapers to landfills every year where it will take hundreds of years for them to decompose. Heather McNamara, of the Real Diaper Association, says that “our local volunteers are finding growing numbers of parents coming to find out about cloth diapers, whether it be for environmental, financial, or health reasons ‐ ‐ or even because these diapers are just plain cute!” It is the hope of the organizers that this event will be an eye opener and an inspiration for expecting and new parents to use cloth diapers, a more planet friendly alternative that also saves parents substantial money.
• Help set a Guinness World Record™! Follow the challenge on Facebook
• Date and Time is Saturday, April 23 at 9AM Pacific / 12PM Eastern ‐ which means that on a global level some cloth diaper enthusiasts will gather and do the diaper change in the middle of the night. Exact information is available on a local level so that all participants, no matter where they live, can find the appropriate location and time.
• A multitude of locations will be available for families all over the U.S and around the globe, across the ocean, in Europe, Australia, and the list keeps growing. Parents, care givers, educators, retailers, playgroups, day care centers – anybody can apply to become an organizer and host a location.
• Each group/location will have a minimum of 25 participants to count for the record. Each local event will be unique, with many hosts planning fun family activities for parents, friends and older siblings, leading up to the specific “change” time.
• Kanga Care, cloth diaper manufacturer of the Rumparooz One Size Modern Cloth Diaper (http://www.rumparooz.com), and local green living baby store, The Giggling Green Bean, will be hosting local events in Denver, Colorado. For more information please visit: http://kanga-
• This event is part of a larger (and growing) movement. Participants may contribute $1 (or more) at all North American events to benefit the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to help families across the U.S. and Canada find and use reusable cloth diapers.
Watch the YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/
# # #
How it all started
The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2011 was initially the brain child of Judy Aagard of Tiny Tots in California, as a way to show our country and the world that cloth diapers are a real option for today’s families. After initial contacts with Guinness World Records™ she saw the potential to help further enhance the cloth diapering movement, while setting a world record. The response has been above and beyond expectations. It is evident that cloth diapering has a formidable following not just in North America, but truly around the world. What better way to celebrate Earth Day 2011?
Kanga Care and The Giggling Green Bean decided to join forces when they received overwhelming response for the local event. Together they have received interest from other local media, publications and non-profits to participate as well as local business in support of providing samples for Swag Bags.