News By Tag
* Son Powers
* New Cd
* Eclipse Recording Studio
* Recording Company
* Brand New Cd
* St Augustine
* More Tags...
News By Location
Kustom Kulture artist Weldon McDowell, Jr. reveals six secrets of Son Powers’ new album LUCKY:
I flat-out love the new Son Powers album LUCKY! Here are six secrets about the tunes I learned from Son himself.
2. Son played his ancient beat-up plywood Danelectro with the "lipstick tube pickup" and got to the TRUTH on "They Get You."
3. The title song "Lucky" was inspired by drummer/producer Rob Piazza's recent emergency room adventures.
4. Son sang the Howlin' Wolf-inspired "Creeping Blues" in two different octaves (not at the same time—he wishes!)
5. The refrain in "Little Man" is the motto of my home-state Texas Rangers (the cops, not the sports team).
6. Son found brilliant piano man Walter Mingledorff while looking for an accordion player for the New Orleans-style "Your Little School." This warms my heart—my mom was Cajun.
Give LUCKY a listen—Son Powers has the Weldon McDowell eiuyr seal of approval!
Weldon McDowell, Jr. built his first Rat Fink model during the summer of 1963. More recently he was one of the Kustom Kulture artists asked to build and custom paint a promotional, 12" tall, Rat Fink for the premiere of the movie "Tales of the Rat Fink" in Austin, Texas. McDowell’
Son Powers is a reclusive southern blues songwriter and occasional performer. An alumnus of the blues/rock trio Worldwide Hoodoo, Powers’ earlier bands include Crosscut Saw, King Bee, Parker Brothers, and Charles Atkins & The Blues Boys. The new album “Lucky” is available on CDBaby.com, eBay.com, and other music websites. You can learn more about Son Powers at www.sonpowers.com.
# # #
Eclipse Recording Company has been North Florida's number 1 recording studio for almost 10 years. Jim Stafford is the owner and chief conspirator.