News By Tag
News By Location
How to Price a Photo Shoot
A summary of points to be considered for pricing of a photo-shoot assignment.
By: Digital Studio
1. How long is the photo shoot. Is it 1 hour 1 day 1 week. You have to set your day rate or Creative Fee as I like to call it to correspond with how much you would like to get paid. How much is your time worth, if you make Rs. 100 an hour as your day job you will easily be able to make Rs.300 or Rs. 400 an hour for some shoots. I think that may be selling yourself short as well.
2. Travel Expenses. Where will you have to go for the shoot? Is it around the corner or on the other side of the state? Your time for travel, petrol, food and hotel all need to be taken into account when you are taking a job. If you leave something like this out you may be working for FREE.
3. Editing and Processing. How long will it take you to edit your images. Editing sometimes takes just as long if not longer than the actual shoot. During the 4 day conference I took around 1400 images. I had to take into consideration the time that goes into tweaking and processing those images. That is time you must get paid for no ifs ands or buts
4. Usage - How will the images be used. Are you going to deliver 1 picture for online usage or all of them? Can the client do whatever they want with the images or are there limits to how they can use the images? This will be different for every job and will play a major part in what you will charge for the job.
5. Budget of client: One of the most important factors that many times is the make or break factor for many photography projects. Consider the limits set by the client and negotiate accordingly.
These are just 5 things to take into consideration and there are many other factor to keep in mind.
For more information visit: http://www.digitalstudio.in
# # #
Welcome to Digital Studio, the one stop solution provider for all your product & onsite photography requirements. We provide professional service for table top photography, on site photography and product photography of various products.