News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Location
2011 Worker Survey: Pharma Industry Employees on the Brink of Burnout
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Magazine’s annual readers’ survey suggests that 7 out of 10 industry workers feel insecure about their job status, and burned out to boot.
Of the more than 300 readers in the U.S. and abroad who took the survey:
• One-fifth feel stressed or burned out most of the time, and 54% some of the time.
• More than half of respondents suggested that their workload continues to increase
• Half of respondents said they do not take the vacation time that comes with their position.
It’s a recipe for burnout. Do drug industry employers care? They should, if readers’ advice is taken to heart. Half of respondents said that burnout at their workplaces is hurting productivity, while three-quarters said that their company either doesn’t care, or doesn’t know how to address the issue.
“Management is very much aware of the situation,” a Quality Control professional from the Midwest wrote. “They offer an obligatory ‘thank you for your hard work,’ but that's about it. They expect those of us who are left—who didn't lose our jobs in the layoffs—to do what needs to be done in order to keep the business afloat.”
For more data and analysis related to the survey—including a look at what the 2011 phamaceutical job market holds—visit http://www.pharmamanufacturing.com/
# # #
About Pharmaceutical Manufacturing:
* Improve product quality while ensuring regulatory compliance
* Reduce cycle times, inventories and plant downtime and eliminate waste
* Empower manufacturing and operations staff
* Eliminate organizational and information silos
* Reduce time to market for new drugs—drugs that can actually be manufactured
Find us on the web at PharmaManufacturing.com.