News By Tag
News By Location
Get YOUR Business Focused in Hard Times
It's the end of February… exactly how are your New Year's Resolutions going? Come on, be honest - you've given up, haven't you?! You're not alone - although that's not much consolation… But it doesn't need to be like this…
In fact I think that's where Resolutions have a place - they pre-condition your mind to make the best of what comes your way, or that you attract through your everyday patterns of behaviour.
So here we are - 2 month into the year and possibly not making the progress we'd hoped for or expected. Time to re-group and actually change some things for the better…
With that in mind, here are some thoughts on moving forward which I'd like you to ponder when reviewing and re-planning your SMART goals for the rest of 2011.
1. Listen More - not only is this a crucial coaching skill, but it's invaluable in every sales conversation or any interaction with a team member. Listening - really listening and not just thinking about what you're going to say next - enables you to understand others, empathise, and build relationships. That's critical whether you're interacting with customers, employees, suppliers, or your family members and friends.
2. Embrace Change - There is nothing more certain than that things will not remain the same! Some change will be good, some not so... every change is an opportunity... and every opportunity requires change. So this year make change your best friend!
3. Be Brave - There's no doubt that it will be another tough year in business - all the more reason to set that B.H.A.G.! That's a Big Hairy Audacious Goal - make it something to really stretch you! Get outside your comfort zone - do different things, trust in your innate ability - we all have it in spades! Realise YOUR true potential.
4. Plan to Grow - Set yourself that goal - don't allow yourself to get away with soft targets - you owe it to yourself and your family to make the most of the fantastic business you are in.
5. Trust in Yourself - You know you have the potential! Try writing down all the things you have done and achieved in your life - both in business and outside - create a personal Confidence List - all those things that you are good at and have accomplished…
6. Prioritise Action - Above all else, action will get you to where you want to be. No action... no progress, no rewards, no satisfaction, no fulfilment - it's as simple as that.
7. Outlaw Procrastination - Make procrastination your public enemy No 1... and do it NOW! Ask yourself what activities you find yourself doing when you don't really want to tackle those big tasks? Don't let yourself do the easy stuff - stay on task!
So what are you waiting for? Go for it and get your business focused in hard time!
# # #
We offer 1-2-1 Business Coaching for Business Owners & Managers, supported by development training for Senior Teams and the wider workforce. We undertake consultancy assignments from Organisational Development to Process Change, and Sales & Marketing.