News By Tag
News By Place
Titanic Museum Attraction Serving Up A Big Surprise at Dancing With the Knoxville Stars
When the 2011 Star 102.1 FM “Dancing with the Knoxville Stars” benefit for East Tennessee Children’s Hospital takes place this Thursday, Titanic Museum Attraction’s First Class Maid Jaynee will take center stage.
By: Ackermann PR
She’s the face of the Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and Branson, Mo. You see her on billboards and commercials and hear her on the radio. Her name is Jaynee (Peters), and she has been the First Class Maid aboard the Titanic since the beginning.
From the early age of 14, Jaynee performed in theatre and musical productions throughout England. Because her mother was a professional Vaudeville and music hall performer, Jaynee grew up “backstage”
Jaynee was cast with the Jack Mansell Dancers at the age of 19 and traveled to America to perform with “Viva Las Vegas.” Touring throughout the United States in various productions, she met her husband while performing in a musical production in Montgomery Ala. They developed their own show – “The Best of Vaudeville and the Movies” – and performed all over the country, eventually arriving in Branson, Mo. In Branson, Jaynee and her husband performed their own act at a variety of venues before she landed aboard the Titanic Museum Attraction.
Today, Jaynee plays herself, First Class Maid Jaynee, and is proud to be considered a spokesperson for the World’s Largest Museum Attraction in both Pigeon Forge and Branson. “I consider it a privilege,” Jaynee said, “to participate in the 2011 Dancing with the Knoxville Stars. This is event is so much fun, but – more importantly – it supports East Tennessee Children’s Hospital, one of our area’s most important assets.”
Dancing with the Knoxville Stars 2011 benefit for East Tennessee Children's Hospital is this Thursday evening at Knoxville Expo Center (5441 Clinton Highway in Knoxville). Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.
Contestants in this year’s Dancing with the Knoxville Stars are:
• Marc Anthony (Morning Show Host Star 102.1). Marc will be partnered by Emily Loyless.
• Ashley Johnston (Biggest Loser) - Ashley will be partnered by J.W. Becker.
• Mike Witcher (Meteorologist WBIR) - Mike will be partnered by Rhonda Becker.
• “Farmer Charlie” (Farm Bureau Insurance spokesman) - Charlie will be partnered by Kelli Rainey.
• Michele Silva (Anchor, WVLT) - Michele will be partnered by Mark Becker.
• Allison Fulmer (Public Relations) - Allison will be partnered by Hayden Escobar.
• Jamie Lynn Drohan (Reporter WATE) - Jaime Lynn will be partnered by Jeremy Norris.
• Mike Griffith (Sports Writer, Knoxville News Sentinel) - Mike will be partnered by Suzanne Devan.
• John Elliott (Owner, Elliott's Boots) - John will be partnered by Lisa Turner.
Although it has been open less than a year, the Titanic Museum attraction already is recognized as one of the Great Smoky Mountain area’s top attractions. Approximately 100,000 “passengers”
The Titanic Museum Attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. is open daily at 9 a.m. Reservations are strongly suggested (many days sell out entirely). Or, passengers may purchase tickets online at www.titanicpigeonforge.com or by phone at 800-381-7670. For more information about the 2011 Dancing With The Knoxville Stars event, call (865) 541-8441.
# # #
Ackermann PR is one of the nation's premier public relations and marketing firms. Based in Knoxville, TN with offices in Dallas, Nashville and Washington, DC, Ackermann PR goes the extra mile for its clients nationwide.