U.S. Cellular Family Winter Carnival Creates Kid Fun, Mardi Gras Style
In what’s become a new Mardi Gras tradition, U.S. Cellular has made possible a free, family-friendly day of winter fun, Mardi Gras style, at the U.S. Cellular Family Winter Carnival in Soulard Market Park in Saint Louis, MO.
U.S. Cellular Big Tent (a 60’ X 90’ heated tent in Soulard Market Park)
• Arts and Crafts activities in the Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center Arts & Crafts Area such as Make Your Own Mardi Gras Costumes and Masks
• Kid Karaoke, giving kids the chance to be a star
• Saint Louis Science off Center activities and Segway time trials
Kid’s Throw Like a Pro
• A great opportunity to give your budding baseball star the chance to clock their fastest pitch
Laclede Gas "Gashouse Gang" Art Wall
• A 4’ by 16’ wall will be available in the Market Park for kids to let their creativity flow—wall will be displayed at various 2011 Mardi Gras events
U.S. Cellular Guitar Hero Contest
U.S. Cellular Children's Parade
• At 4:00 p.m. children will have the chance to wear the masks and costumes they made in a parade through Soulard, beginning at 9th and Lafayette
Saturday, 12 February 2011 from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
U.S. Cellular Children’s Parade through Soulard, 4 p.m.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is committed to fixing wireless one project at a time and recently unveiled The Belief Project, an array of industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier provides the best cell phone service in the country according to survey results released by Consumer Reports, which found that wireless customers are more satisfied with U.S. Cellular than every other major wireless company. U.S. Cellular was also named one of Forbes Magazine’s 2010 “Most Trustworthy Companies.” The Belief Project complements U.S. Cellular’s growing catalog of cutting-edge phones that are all backed by its high-speed nationwide network. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. You can also check out U.S. Cellular on Facebook.
About Soulard Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras, Inc., a 501(c)(4) not-for-profit organization, is responsible for producing Soulard Mardi Gras in St. Louis, recognized as one of the largest pre-Lenten celebrations in the world.
The eight-week festival in 2011 consists of fourteen official events and attracts many thousands of visitors from around St. Louis and throughout the United States.
In 2011, a portion of all tickets sold to Soulard Mardi Gras events support the life-saving work of Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center.