News By Tag
News By Place
11 Marketing Tips For Your Small Business
Marketing your business is almost a full time job and you have enough to do just actually running your business, right? We’ve found eleven ways to help you market your business, maybe there’s a few here that you haven’t even considered.
1. Try the team approach: If you have a colleague who is considering doing a mailing, why not partner up – slip your brochure or business card into his or her mailing. This strategy helps spread your name to a new pool of potential clients.
2. First impressions count: Why not answer your phone differently?
3. Go old school: Design a great ad and send out a postcard to your targeted market area. A small postcard ad can drive traffic to your website and might generate a slew of leads.
4. Make it fun: There are so many opportunities out there when it comes to letting the world know who you are and what you do so shake it up when you’re setting up your annual marketing campaign. Make certain you request feedback from customers; do they prefer email, phone calls, or snail mail?
5. Don’t be out of sight, out of mind: If you have a customer who recently purchased your goods or utilized your service send them a follow up offer. Did they stop by your floral shop to have an arrangement sent for their mother’s birthday? Send them a post card with a money-off offer for their next purchase. Create urgency – attach a deadline to the offer.
6. Say it with words: When’s the last time you received a hand written letter or even a sticky note? Why not handwrite your envelopes occasionally to your customers? Why not use a sticky note if you drop information off with a client. Make it short and sweet, though – kind of like a mini-billboard.
7. Take every opportunity to sell: Utilize your “down time.” Don’t leave your callers in silence while they’re on hold (see http://AAAPhoneOnHold.com). Use that time to keep them informed. Last year 18% of callers said they made a buying decision based on what they heard while on hold.
8. Get your money’s worth: Every time you do a mailing, include a brochure or pamphlet. If you do multiple mailings to the same client list, why not try to shake it up with your inserts? If you have the funds, create brochures with different messages and offers so your customers aren’t receiving the same information every mailing.
9. Spread the news: Why not send out an e-newsletter or a hard copy snail mail one? It takes, on average, six times more to make a sale to a new customer than to keep an existing one. Use your newsletters to focus on marketing to past customers. Consider setting up an opt-in on your website and then send out monthly newsletters to your list.
10. Barter: We love barter and know it’s a perfect tool – especially in today’s economy – to not only offer your services, but to partake of goods and services your business needs. Consider joining a barter group such as http://Tradebank.com. This is a great way for a company to increase sales. It also can lead to more cash customers.
11. Come on in: Do you have an office? Why not hold open houses? Ever consider hosting a mini-seminar?
Remember, make marketing fun and also don’t forget to track which of your efforts are working best and then refine your practices.
# # #
Professional customized recordings for your business that enhance brand image while callers are on hold.