Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
New Book Writers in Black and White Perfect for Mother’s Day
31 successful authors reveal the secrets of their lives as writers, their creative processes, their advice to would-be authors & how they made it. Inc. beautiful black & white portraits, this is a book for literature lovers & aspiring writers alike.
London, 21 January 2011 – Capturing the fascinating insight of the writer’s life is the beautifully produced coffee table book, Writers in Black and White. It features interviews with some of the globes most revered authors accompanied by atmospheric black and white photographs of each writer. The result is an inspiring snapshot of how to be a successful writer, get published, deal with rejection and more first hand accounts and advice from some of the world’s most successful writers. This book will appeal to mothers venturing into writing, or those who simply love to read.
Some well-known names adorning its pages include:
• Minette Walters, ‘Queen of crime’, discusses her role as both mother and successful writer.
• Lee Child, prolific writer of action fiction, including 61 Hours and Worth Dying For
• Joanne Harris, creator of Chocolat, which was famously turned into a film.
• Jim Crace, Man Booker Prize winning author of Quarantine, one of the greatest British literary figures alive today.
• Hanif Kureishi, Whitbread Award winning author and Oscar nominated screenwriter.
Praise for Writers in Black and White:
“Writers in Black and White is a beautifully produced photobook....”
“A relaxing and entertaining read and a perfect item to accompany you on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon” ---
“An inspiring read...” – Ruislip Life
“For anyone interested in the creative writing process.” – Writer’s Forum
About the authors and Photographer
Alanna Lynott and Solange Berchemin are two journalists who, like any self-respecting journalists, both have half-finished novels in their desk drawers for which they hope to find a publisher (if they ever finish them!). Anne Mortensen is a photographer who specialises in capturing artists of all kinds, including writers, musicians and artists.
Writers in Black and White RRP £15.99. Available from Waterstones, Amazon and independent bookstores. Hardback. ISBN 978-1907688157. It is the first in the Black and White series of books examining different occupational genres though interview & photographs. http://theblackandwhiteseries.com/
* For a review copy or interview with authors, please contact: Anne at annem@contact-
# # #
About Contact Publishing - a London-based Publishing Company. Works include Writers in Black and White.