2nd India Summit on Anti-Corruption
Implementing Effective Corporate Governance, Anti-Bribery and FCPA Compliance Programs For Operations in India
With enforcement of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) at an all time high, an uptick in local bribery investigations by the Central Bureau of Investigation, increased cooperation with foreign regulators, and a broader international agenda to combat bribery, recently embodied by the UK Bribery Act, companies operating in India must take special care to prevent bribery violations. In recent years, a growing number of companies, including Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies, York International, Electronic Data Services, Textron Inc., and Dow Chemical Company, have been found guilty of FCPA violations in India. At the same time, local authorities have taken steps to better enforce Indian anti-corruption laws and a number of high profile individuals and companies are currently under investigation for alleged violations.
Now in its second year, American Conference Institute’s India Summit on Anti-Corruption is the premier anti-corruption compliance event in the Region. Our 2011 event will bring together an unparalleled faculty of regulatory and enforcement officials, senior corporate ethics and compliance executives, and US, UK and local outside counsel who will provide you with crucial insights on the Indian anti-bribery landscape, how to handle facilitating payments, identify the core components of en effective anti-corruption compliance program for operations in India and implement effective internal controls to detect and prevent bribery risks unique to the Region. Topics will include:
* Dealing with requests for bribes when obtaining regulatory approvals
* Preparing for new UK Bribery Act - What are corporate offence, failure to prevent bribery and adequate procedures under rigorous new Law
* Conducting effective anti-corruption due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
* Preparing for increased scrutiny of facilitating payments or “speed money”
* Avoiding pitfalls of gift giving, entertaining and hospitality
* Ensuring compliance of local agents, business partners and intermediaries
* Implementing a robust anti-corruption compliance program that overcomes legal and cultural challenges
* Enforcement of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in India
* Creating a corporate ethics and compliance culture, starting at the top
Join us next year in Mumbai (venue TBD), May 16 -17, 2011 for the region’s premier Anti-Corruption event.
The conference program is currently under development but please check back soon for the program agenda and faculty list.
For speaking opportunities please contact Virna Di Palma, Program Director at email@example.com or at 212-352-3220 ext. 480.
If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship for this event, please contact Wendy Tyler, Group Leader at W.Tyler@AmericanConference.com or at 212-352-3220 ext. 242.
Read more about this at http://www.americanconference.com/
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.