SEO Friendly URL in Joomla
How to enable SEO Friendly URL in Joomla
By default the Joomla URL's aren't SEO friendly and in order to make the URL SEO friendly follow the following sets.
1. Log on to your Joomla website e.g. www.yourdomain.com/
2. Supply the login credential.
3. On the administration page go to SITE --> GLOBAL CONFIGURATION.
4. On the Right Corner make the following settings
4(a) Search Engine Friendly URLs = YES
4(b) Use apache mod_rewrite = YES
4(c) Add Suffix to URLs = YES
5. After having done these changes, log on the FTP tool used for uploading the files to web-server and look for file htaccess.txt.
6. Rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess (dot htaccess)
7. In .htaccess file (This step might be optional depending on the web server)
'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
8. Step 1 to 7 will make the Joomla website URL SEO friendly
Please post your comments and problem or visit our blog http://howitworks.marketingconsults.co.uk
# # #
MarketingConsults.co.uk is a leading marketing based in Birmingham,UK. We specialize in marketing your business by website development, CRM and e-Commerce website, SEO and google ranking.
Page Updated Last on: Jan 03, 2011