Whats Hot In Fitness Industry in 2011
Personal training expert dean piazza from sydney australia outlines his top 10 fitness trends in 2011
1. More Focus on Educated and experienced fitness professionals – the public is realising that not all Personal Trainers are equal and want to make sure that they get their information from a qualified source.
2.Increased Fitness programs for older adults Older adults want to maintain active, independent lives and are willing to work(out) for it.
3. Strength training – more people are aware they need to do strength training not just for strength but for overall health especially those aged over 50.
4. Children and obesity – this gets bigger every year as over the next 10 years obesity levels in children is predicted to double
5. Personal training – people need motivation and support in making their goals a reality and this is endorsed by celebrities who all use personal trainers to stay in shape.
6. Core training – While this is probably mostly driven by the desire to look more attractive, I do think there is also an increase in the understanding of the core’s role in back health and function.
7. treadmills are still the number 1 piece of cardio equipment – with so many pieces of equipment to choose from the original treadmill still reigns supreme. buy online and save alot of money as they dont have retail rents to pay or large staff costs http://www.homegymequipment.com.au
8. Boot camp – has been popular for a long time and will continue this year. They typically offer good variety, group support, and a high-intensity/
9. Yoga – Been around forever and probably always will be. Pilates is on the way out due to it being expensive while yoga is maintaining its popularity
10. Worksite health promotion – Most businesses have been slow to come around to this, but they are starting to realise how much more productive healthy employees are as well as how much the company can save on healthcare and compensation claims.
11. Group personal training – More social, more fun, more affordable, However, there is less personal attention from the Trainer and if you have special needs, this may not be for you.
12. Spinning (indoor cycling) – this is consistent year in year out ! very effective results if you enjoy the experience and have a great instructor
13. Sport-specific training – People are starting to understand that you need to get in shape to play the sport, not play the sport to get in shape.
14. Wellness coaching –overall health and wellness coaching is coming into it’s own with the public. It is a great way to create real behavioral change. Great for people who need to train both the mind and the body.
# # #
Expert personal trainer dean piazza is an award winning trainer from http://www.getfit.com.au and also is the manager @ http://www.homegymequipment.com.au .
He appears regularly in the media on fitness, weight loss, nutrition and health