News By Tag
News By Place
H-II Stephen Michael Apatow Shares About "The American Way," Our U.S. Troops and Veterans
As a gift this holiday season, Humanitarian Resource Institute and the the Arts Integration Into Education Initiative is offering a free MP3 of the "The American Way."
My Friend I tell you, we cannot look aside
From injustice in the world, when innocent people die
Whether it is a homeless veteran that freezes to death on the streets of America, or one of the five billion impoverished that die of preventable illness, malnutrition and starvation, the vulnerable or the least of these, must not be forgotten.
It's time to pay for the damage and the wicked they've done
to restore peace to the people, It's time this battle was won
The actions of those responsible for financial crimes and actions that led to widespread suffering and in many cases loss of life, must be addressed, with assistance provided to the victims, many who have not the capacity to defend themselves.
911 hit us, 3000 lives were lost
We turned their world upside down, fire came down from the skies
The most devastating terrorist attacks in world history, engages the UN Security Council, NATO, Interpol and global law enforcement community in a movement orchestrated to contain the terrorist threat across the globe.
But then another attack, we were hit from inside
In subtle ways destroying millions of lives
Deregulation of financial markets in the United States, criminal predatory lending, mortgage and appraisal fraud encompassed a dimension of financial crimes that permeated, every community, city, county and state...
But as we stand once again, the eagle will rise
As we unite together, the world will recognize
that the people in this country, are ready to fight
One nation under God, established in his might
Our nation will rally, our flag will fly high
Over the land of the free and the home of the brave
Across America today, 17% of the population is unemployed/underemployed,  nearly 1 in 5 or 60 million people in a state of economic emergency, struggling to keep a roof above their head, food on their table, heat in their homes... Humanitarian Resource Institute and the Arts Integration Into Education Initiative through the America's Action Plan for Community Service  has advanced an appeal  to our local municipal leaders, grassroots community service and interfaith organizations in all 50 states, to organize emergency assistance that will reach these populations this holiday season.
In the context of our U.S. troops and veterans, that protect our country and provide us the capacity to live in peace and prosperity, unmet needs  in the spotlight include:
* Jobless rate at 11.2% for veterans of Iraq, Afghanistan:
* Untold Mortgage Crisis: Families Facing Military Foreclosures:
* Homeless Veterans: The VA estimates that 131,000 veterans are homeless on any given night. And approximately twice that many experience homelessness over the course of a year. Conservatively, one out of every three homeless men who is sleeping in a doorway, alley or box in our cities and rural communities has put on a uniform and served this country. The vast majority are single, most come from poor, disadvantaged communities, 45 percent suffer from mental illness, and half have substance abuse problems. America’s homeless veterans have served in World War II, Korean War, Cold War, Vietnam War, Grenada, Panama, Lebanon, Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan)
* More female veterans are winding up homeless; many are single parents: One out of every 10 homeless vets under the age of 45 is now a woman, the statistics show. Overall, female veterans are now between two and four times more likely to end up homeless than their civilian counterparts, according to the VA, most as a result of the same factors that contribute to homelessness among male veterans: mental trauma related to their military service and difficulty transitioning into the civilian economy. -- Article: Boston Globe, 2 July 2009.
The only way we can identify the true scope of unmet needs in our communities is to visit every home with a community needs assessment, utilizing the tools used by the emergency management teams during natural disasters. This needs assessment focus will be critical for economic stabilization and provision of adequate emergency assistance, especially in the context of the 2015 projected time frame for recovery and stabilization in unemployment.
A Gift The Holiday Season
As a gift this holiday season, Humanitarian Resource Institute and the the Arts Integration Into Education Initiative is offering a free MP3 of the "The American Way," the lead soundtrack from the album "Country Goes Global." Fans can obtain a copy the MP3 soundtrack, via a direct an email request, subject line: "The American Way" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full length, listen only access, to all tracks on the album "Country Goes Global" is available through AirPlay Direct (in a continual play format), with broadcast quality soundtracks available to radio and television networks, free of charge. The album is also available for purchase through CD Baby International Distribution.[
Warmest Wishes to You and Your Families This Holiday Season,
H-II: Stephen Michael Apatow 
1. Unemployment Rate: Official (U3 & U6) vs. SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate: Url: www.shadowstats.com/
2. CMA Artist H-II: Stephen Michael Apatow Advances America's Action Plan For Community Service: Humanitarian Resource Institute, 3 December 2010. Url: www.unarts.org/
3. AAPCS: Xmas 2010 - The American Way - Free Mp3 Gift: Humanitarian Resource Institute, United Nations Arts Initiative, 15 December 2010. Url: www.unarts.org/
4. H-II Stephen Michael Apatow Speaks Out On U.S. Soldier Suicides: Humanitarian Resource Institute, 28 October 2010. Url: www.unarts.org/
5. Country Goes Global: AirPlay Direct: Url: http://airplaydirect.com/
6. Country Goes Global: CD Baby International Distribution:
7. Stephen M. Apatow: Founder of Humanitarian Resource Institute and the United Nations Arts Initiative. Url: www.apatow.org
# # #
Humanitarian Resource Institute is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, established with a mission focus to "Bridge Unmet Needs to Untapped Resources" through the development of initiatives associated with economic, social, cultural and humanitarian issues worldwide.