How a Humidifier Can Protect You & Your Computer from Static Electricity Caused by Dry Indoor Air

Static electricity shocks are annoying and can cause malfunctions in electronic circuitry; humidifying your indoor air helps eliminate those shocks
By: Press Contact
Dec. 13, 2010 - PRLog -- People who are frequently “zapped” by static electricity during the winter heating season look for solutions to eliminate hair that frizzes and clothing that clings due to air that contains too little moisture.

Static electricity caused by excessively dry indoor air can cause malfunctions in equipment that contains electronic circuitry — and isn’t healthy for humans, pets or plants, either.

Air that doesn’t contain sufficient moisture can produce conditions that result in static electricity. When relative humidity levels fall below 35-40%, solid items start accumulating a static charge.

Keeping relative humidity around 50% reduces or eliminates conditions that result in the “zap” of static electricity. Why? Because moisture envelopes the tiny particulates that conduct electricity, providing a path for it to “ground out” without causing that annoying mini-shock.

To protect yourself and your electronic devices from malfunctions due to static electricity, make sure your indoor air has a relative humidity level of around 50%. To check humidity in your home or workplace, purchase an inexpensive hygrometer (humidity measuring device) at your local hardware store or online. Recommendation:

# # # was founded in 2009 and aims to bring the best in healthy living products within easy reach of online shoppers. The company’s founders carefully research each product category and present their findings online for their shoppers.
Email:*** Email Verified
Tags:Static Electricity, Dry Indoor Air, Humidity Level, Protect, Electronic Malfunction
Industry:Home, Family, Health
Location:United States
Account Email Address Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share