News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Place
Ten Quotes to Help You Get into the True Spirit of Giving
Dr. Russ Buss has compiled these ten simple guidelines to help maintain the true spirit of giving during the holidays. Follow these guides and you will experience a renewed wealth of joy, optimism holiday Spirit.
By: Dr. Russ Buss
Use one or all of these Dr. Russ Buss quotes to help you keep your optimism and resist the materialistic temptations that can deflate it.
Quotes for the True Spirit of Giving
1. A gift that keeps on giving contains a valuable lesson, allows the receiver to gain wisdom and insight, increases self worth, or results in a new found self confidence, self-reliance and independence.
2. Some gifts result only in a temporary sense of delight, happiness or satisfaction because their meaning is only derived from having something someone else has or makes us appear better or above another.
3. We CAN be thankful for the gifts we receive, but we DO NOT CONTROL what we are given unless of course we give it to ourselves.
4. We CAN CONTROL the gifts we give others, but we CANNOT CONTROL how happy, satisfied, delighted or thankful they will be when they receive it.
5. We can find joy in every gift given if we could just suspend our judgment about whether or not we like the gift, and instead take a moment to think about what positive benefit the giver thought we would receive.
6. Resist the constant distractions and bombardment of Madison Avenue materialism at this time of year by remembering the reason we are celebrating anything at all is because of the gift of a Miracle birth given to us from on High.
7. Each time you give a gift this holiday season, take a moment to note your own happiness and decrease in stress.
8. Keep in mind that those who give the gift of volunteering do live longer, but do not volunteer to live, live to volunteer.
9. Remember if fancy wrapping paper made the gift more valuable, we would have celebrated the birth of the Christ child in the Waldorf-Astoria and not in a manger filled with hay in the loft of a barn.
10. The more you stretch and get beyond your comfort zone in giving to and helping others during the holiday season, the more optimism you will experience.
For more Moment-to-Moment Optimism go to: http://www.drrussbuss.com
# # #