News By Tag
* Christopher Columbus
* Cristóbal Colón
* Conspiracy Theory
* Lie Of Columbus History
* 1492 Discovery
* More Tags...
News By Place
Polish King in Exile Was Christopher Columbus’s True Father
New book proves that Christopher Columbus was a Royal Prince, son of King Vladislav III and his Portuguese noble wife
This argument is presented in Columbus’s new biography just released in Spain, titled “COLÓN. La Historia Nunca Contada” (COLUMBUS. The Untold Story) written by Portuguese-American author Manuel Rosa.
The research has already peeked the interest of a major US TV documentary producer and the author is currently in Portugal and Spain taking part in several conferences and filming TV documentaries about his research.
It has taken 20 years of slow methodical investigation, but this historian, author of two previous books on Columbus, now says he has proof that the history of Christopher Columbus included intentional lies to protect the identity of the discoverer’s father.
In formulating this new argument, the author utilizes medieval documents and chronicles from multiple kingdoms, to cross reference historical events and personalities, plus ancient genealogy and heraldry, explaining the whole scenario in a scientifically investigative fashion, thus garnering the support of many scholars:
• World-renown Prof. Joaquim Veríssimo Serrão, ex-Dean of the University of Lisbon, who wrote the Preface, declares that he “agrees one hundred per cent.”
• "No serious historian, after reading the original Portuguese, Spanish and Italian documents from the 15th-16th Centuries and after having done a proper study of Columbus's original heraldic shield, can be indifferent to the truth, nor insist in confirming outright what others before had said. Manuel Rosa made an excellent high quality investigation methodological and well documented" says Prof. José Carlos Calazans of Lusófona University in Lisbon.
• Prof. Antonio Vicente, History Professor at Lisbon University, who says, “For the first time ever a book was written about Columbus without starting from any preconceived certainties and every piece of the puzzle is explained point by point.”
“I never started out to look for Columbus,” says Rosa, who works at Duke University Medical Center, “it was Columbus who came looking for me.” His journey began fortuitously in 1991 while working on the translation of Mascarenhas Barreto’s 1988 book about a Portuguese secret agent version of Columbus.
Like the rest of the world, Rosa thought the history of Columbus was settled long ago. But his new book, by “the sheer weight of the evidence presented makes the old tale of a Genoese wool-weaver so obviously unbelievable that only a fool would continue to insist on it.”
Facts "COLÓN. La Historia Nunca Contada" disputes with solid, researched documentation include:
• That Columbus was married to a high noble Portuguese lady in 1479, 15 years before the first voyage and Rosa proves King John II of Portugal had to authorize the marriage because Columbus's wife was a high-noble member of the Portuguese Military Order of Santiago.
• Both Christopher Columbus and his brother had direct access to four European courts – hardly the life of the Genoese peasant Colombo family historians had put forth up to now
• A last will dated 1498 in which Columbus is said to have written “being I born in Genoa from there I left” is now proven, as a result of this investigation, to be a forgery by a 16th Century Genoese Colombo while litigating for Columbus's inheritance in Spain.
“Another nutty conspiracy theory! That’s what I first supposed as I started to read… I now believe that Columbus is guilty of huge fraud carried out over two decades” wrote professor James T. McDonough, Jr., who taught at St. Joseph's University for 31 years.
Many readers have commented that this book clearly explains the many reasons behind the mysterious life of Christopher Columbus and that it will forever change the way we view our collective world history.
Tittle: COLON, LA HISTORIA NUNCA CONTADA
Publisher: ESQUILO EDICIONES Y MULTIMEDIA
Edition: October, 2010
Location: BADAJOZ, SPAIN
Mr. Rosa can be reached via email mr @ 1492.us.com