News By Tag
News By Location
Superhero Band In Concert - Battle for your Soul Tour - City Church, St. Albans Hertfordshire UK
Christian rock band Superhero will make a one night stop in St. Albans to play in concert on 27th November at 7pm at City Church St. Albans on Hatfield Road. Tickets are first come, first served on the night for £5 at the door.
The St. Albans venue is part of the band’s 'Battle for your Soul' Tour which began in October with 12 concerts in California and will include more than 190 dates over the space of the next three years throughout UK, Europe and the USA. Tickets are first come, first served on the night for £5 at the door.
The concerts in the tour are open to all ages. The band’s following is predominantly youth/student age but there is something for everyone. The band is unashamedly upfront about their faith and they want you to know about it, according to Superhero’s lead vocalist Tim Cheshire.
"This tour has been a while in the planning and a lifetime in the heart. We are passionate about our music and our message. We tour a lot and have played over 100 dates a year over the past six years or so, but this tour is the thing we are most excited about at the moment. It will be loud and proud and the message will be clear: ‘There's a battle for your soul and we are coming with a message to win some,’" said Cheshire.
The St. Albans concert will also include tour support act Haydon Spenceley and US based emergent youth speaker Tom Miyashiro.
Superhero is also partnering on tour with Compassion UK and expects to see many needy children from around the world sponsored during the course of the tour. Opportunities for sponsorship will be provided at the concert.
The band’s newest member, bass guitarist Greg Taplin, hails from Welwyn Garden City and joined the band last December.
For more information or interviews contact:
City Church: Pastor Phil Topping, Unity Works, Lyon Way St Albans, Herts AL4 0LB, tel: 01727 846 080 email : firstname.lastname@example.org;
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
• Hi-res photos or interviews with the band available on request
• Superhero released two albums through the Delirious? owned Fierce! and toured in 2007-2008 with Delirious?, the Newsboys, Rebecca St James and Third Day
• Other albums include ‘Fake Lunar Landing’ and ‘The Bicycle Thieves' which notes that all of us suffer from the selfishness of the human condition. The band remains committed to sharing their faith with audiences and through their music.
• The band began in 1998. Current band members include Tim Cheshire – vocals, guitar (US), Gavin McGrath –guitar Mike Crawford –keyboards, Mike Uphill – drums and Greg Taplin - bass guitar (Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire)
• City Church St. Albans is an Elim Pentecostal Church housed in the Lyon Way industrial estate area with a lively worship and an active youth programme. In addition to Sunday morning services, the Deep End ministry team hosts 7pm Sunday evening services at Unity Works that are especially open to all and relevant to young people but inclusive of all ages. http://liferiver.org.uk/