ASF Holiday Giveaway on Social Media: LED Book Light for Kindle, Crafts, & Travel
ASF Lightware Solutions joins with top travel, crafts, quilting, & gadget blogs for holiday reading light giveaway in social media
"Social media can engage communities in sharing ideas on gift giving which can't be done with traditional media," said Arthur Friedman, President of ASF Lightware Solutions. Together with focused blogs, ASF is offering a Beam N Read Hands Free Light as a gift for a family member, friend, or perhaps a library or senior center. Participating sites are using blogs, Facebook, Twitter, RSS feeds, and email newsletters to inform their communities about the promotion.
Travel and gadget blog giveaways feature the Beam N Read LED 3 Hands Free Travel Book Light. This energy efficient light has 3 LEDs in a row and an extra long 120 hours of battery life. As a reading light it works with all eReaders such as the Kindle, Nook, and Sony Reader, traditional paper books, and newspapers. The long battery life also makes it ideal for travel, camping, and as an emergency light during a power failure.
"The Beam N Read is by far the best personal reading light we have ever come across," said Scott Carmichael, Executive Editor of Gadling.com, the world's top travel blog. "The product is simple to use, and works with any model of eReader. As we start the 2010 Holiday season, eReaders and tablets are going to be one of the biggest sellers. Without an effective light source, many e-ink based eReaders are useless in the dark, especially on overnight flights." Gadling will begin their giveaway November 16.
Crafts blog giveaways offer the Beam N Read LED 6 Deluxe Hands Free Light, the first LED book light with a night vision filter and hands free magnification. The extra wide light from 6 LEDs in a row is especially useful for quilting, knitting, and crochet. It lights up personal space for crafts anywhere including in a chair, car, plane, or even in bed without disturbing others. The extra bright light is also helpful for aging baby boomers, seniors, and others who benefit from brighter light for reading and other activities.
"You can't sew if you can't see," said Ami Simms, author, award winning quilter, and 2005 Teacher of the Year by the International Association of Professional Quilters. "The Beam N Read Hands Free LED Light is the best solution for stitching in low light situations, at home, or on the road. Now I can throw away that miner's helmet". The giveaway on Ami's blog, Through the Eyes of A Quilter, is running from November 1 to November 15.
"Our goal is to increase traffic and engagement with participating sites and raise awareness of our reading lights," said Friedman. Entry requirements for each giveaway will be on the participating site once the giveaway starts. A regularly updated list with dates is available on the Beam N Read News & Events page of http://www.readinglight.com.
Giveaway participating sites are:
• Gadling.com is the world’s top travel blog, written and edited by passionate travelers and writers (Nov 16-23, http://www.gadling.com)
• Kindle Review Blog, Daily news about Kindle, eBooks, eInk and other related topics (Nov 15-29, http://www.blogkindle.com)
• Crochetville.org, is the premier online crochet community. (Nov 11-Dec 1, http://bit.ly/
• Through The Eyes Of A Quilter, blog for Ami Simms, Professional Quilt Teacher, Author, and Award Winning Quilter. The winner will be selected by a golden retriever who shares writing duties the blog. (Nov 1-15, http://wp.me/
• CraftGossip.com covers news, craft ideas, and projects written by craft people with sub-blogs for specific crafts (Nov 1-Dec 1, http://bit.ly/
• GearDiary.com, gadget blog, “Everyone can use technology, sometimes it just takes a little translating”
• PracticalTravelGear.com is the most popular gear review blog on the web (Nov 17 or 18 to 30, http://www.practicaltravelgear.com)
Giveaways will be posted on each site as of the individual site's starting date.
# # #
About ASF Lightware Solutions
ASF Lightware Solutions (http://www.readinglight.com)