Alton cedar greenhouses new and improved
Alton cedar greenhouses are now better than ever thanks to a series of improvements added to Alton’s Amateur, Octagonal and Traditional greenhouses.
Built to last, Alton’s maintenance-
Designed with gardeners in mind since 1921, the new & improved appearance, improved functionality, improved staging & shelving and improved service ensure Alton greenhouses continue to produce the best results for growers. Why not visit one of our displays where you can see for yourself why Alton greenhouses are better than ever and how they out-perform competitor greenhouses
We've listened to your feedback to make our 2010 greenhouses even better!
For the discerning gardener, choosing the right greenhouse is an important decision. Not only must a greenhouse provide the perfect growing environment for your precious and delicate plants, it must also look pleasing on the eye. In consultation with keen gardeners, we've introduced a host of new features into our Amateur, Octagonal and Traditional ranges that improve both the appearance and functionality of Alton's cedar greenhouses.
1. Brown Base Kerbs - Alton’s famous concrete base kerbs are now an attractive brown to complement the natural cedar. They continue to be invaluable in helping to anchor the greenhouse to the ground and prevent the cedar being saturated with moisture.
2. Partly Boarded Door - The lower part of the sliding door is now vertically boarded cedar providing good looks, extra strength and helping prevent breakages.
3. New Pelmet Design - Alton’s attention to detail is shown in the improved pelmet design above sliding doors. Alton octagonal greenhouses now feature guttering above the door and to vyfxf all sides including a down pipe at the rear for easier water collection.
4. Brown Powder coated metal work - co-ordinating with the base kerbs and cedar to give an improved & more attractive finish.
5. Hanging Basket Hooks - Eaves and ridge braces feature useful hooks ideal for preparing baskets and for tying string & adding canes when growing tomatoes. These are not available with Alton Octagonal greenhouses.
6. Steel Bracing - Durable and strong, discrete, brown powder-coated steel bracing has been used throughout.
7. Convenient Door Locking - A more comfortable handle and a higher locking point avoiding the need to bend. Alton Octagonal greenhouses feature a new and improved door handle and lock.
IMPROVED STAGING & SHELVING
8. Slatted Design - The slatted design ensures good ventilation, promoting stronger plants and preventing disease
9. Stronger Staging & Shelving Slats - Thicker and stronger laminated, finger-jointed hardwood slats that will stand the test of time.
10. Steel cantilever bracing - reduces the need for obtrusive staging legs & high level shelving straps, giving you more room to grow!
11. Managed Installation Service - saving you time and money Alton's new and affordable nationwide installation service ensures you will be ready to grow sooner rather than later.
12. Continued Investment - new delivery vehicles, quality standard accreditations, ongoing product improvements and improved training all introduced to improve the Alton customer experience.
Contact your local Alton retailer for more details on these new features that make Alton greenhouses better than ever before or view the PDF below.
Alton's famous cedar greenhouses have seen a series of improvements implemented to make its new 2010 range its best ever.
# # #
Alton Greenhouses supply the finest timber and wooden greenhouses including our attractive and superior maintenance free Alton Cedar Greenhouse range