News By Tag
* Venture Capital
* Self-service It
* Private Cloud
* Hybrid Cloud
* Internal Cloud
* More Tags...
* Venture capital
* More Industries...
rPath Closes $7 Million in Series D Funding
• Existing investors lead latest round to fuel enterprise IT market expansion • rPath is the service factory for on-demand IT; automates construction, deployment and update of software stacks across physical, virtual and cloud
“rPath is uniquely positioned for rapid expansion in the enterprise market, following the rise of agile operations, self-service IT and enterprise cloud initiatives, all of which focus on the goal of making enterprise IT organizations responsive, flexible and low-cost service providers,” said Mike Torto, president and CEO for rPath. “We’re very pleased to continue our partnership with North Bridge and General Catalyst as we scale our business in response to demand for new approaches to delivering enterprise IT services with more speed, control and efficiency than ever before.”
rPath brings manufacturing-
“The rise of public cloud services is shining light on what is wrong with enterprise IT today: It’s too slow, costly and inflexible,”
According to David Orfao, managing director for General Catalyst Partners and rPath board member: “We’re very pleased to continue our investment in rPath, which has all of the essential ingredients for building a very successful company: A world-class team; a proven and differentiated product; and a large and growing market opportunity.”
This announcement comes on the heels of other news over recent weeks, including:
• VMworld 2010 Best of Show Awards for which rPath was named the Finalist in the Private Cloud Computing category. This award program received over 200 nominees. Learn more about VMworld 2010 Best of Show here: http://www.rpath.com/
• “The NRE Alliance,” a coalition of independent vendors delivering an integrated solution for self-service private and hybrid cloud computing. Delivered by MomentumSI, this integrated solution comprises newScale, as the IT storefront; rPath, as the automated service factory; and Eucalyptus Systems, as the elastic infrastructure. Learn more about the NRE Alliance here: www.nrecloud.com
Over coming weeks, rPath will be participating in several key industry events, including:
• CloudExpo, where rPath will be exhibiting with NRE Alliance partners newScale, Eucalyptus and MomentumSI. This takes place Nov. 1-4 in Santa Clara, Calif.
• Toward Self-Service Private and Hybrid Cloud,” an online panel discussion on the journey from IT bottleneck to IT-as-a-Service. This discussion includes James Staten VP and principal analyst, Forrester Research; Scott Hammond, CEO of newScale; Mike Torto, CEO of rPath; and Marten Mikos; CEO of Eucalyptus Systems. This online panel takes place on Tuesday, Nov. 2 at 2:00 p.m. ET. Registration is free: http://www.rpath.com/
• LISA ’10, a technical conference focused on management and administration of large-scale IT environments. This takes place Nov. 7-12 in San Jose, Calif.
For more information on rPath, please visit http://www.rpath.com. For additional perspectives, please visit and subscribe to rPath RSS blog feeds at http://blogs.rpath.com/
rPath website: http://www.rpath.com
rPath blog: http://blogs.rpath.com/
rPath on Twitter: http://twitter.com/
rPath on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
rPath press releases and commentaries:
rPath videos and podcasts: http://www.rpath.com/
rPath Cloud Computing Adoption Model: http://www.rpath.com/
rPath Knowledge Center: http://www.rpath.com/
rPath webinars: http://www.rpath.com/
rPath automates system deployment and maintenance across physical, virtual and cloud environments. rPath’s innovative release automation platform is based on the industry’s only commercial version control repository for managing deployed software systems. The result is an easy-to-deploy and cost-effective automation solution for rapid, low-risk and low-overhead deployment and maintenance of complex software systems. rPath dramatically improves responsiveness to business lines, reduces compliance risks, and allows resource-constrained IT organizations to significantly reduce operating costs and “do more with less.” Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, rPath customers including some of the world’s largest enterprises and ISVs. Visit www.rpath.com.