Elevating Entertainment and Lamon Records Announce Plans for Movie, TV, and Music Production in NC
The 2200 Acre, 3.5 Million Sq Ft facility (formerly Philip Morris USA) to become a $750M Stargate Worldwide Family Entertainment and Recreational Attraction known as Carolina USA Performance Park.
“The possibilities are endless,” says Dave Moody, President and CEO of the family owned Elevating Entertainment, an established motion picture company focused on producing family and faith-friendly content, and Lamon Records, a nearly 50 year old record label with strong ties and deep roots in Carolina.
“The massive grounds and facilities at the Concord campus make it a perfect location for motion picture production and creating television broadcast content,” adds Moody. “The revitalization concept and vision offered by Stargate Worldwide to develop this recently vacated property is exciting, viable, and desperately needed considering today’s economic environment and the region’s unemployment rate.”
North Carolina has recently made the state’s film incentives more attractive to production companies willing to utilize the diverse locations and vast resources the state has to offer. By filming movies and television productions in North Carolina, jobs are created for local and regional artists, crew personal, and a variety of support and fringe businesses which in-turn, all help to grow the local economy.
“We’re honored to have Dave Moody as a member of our board,” says Terry Keeney, President of Stargate Worldwide and Carolina USA Partners, LLC. “His years of experience and award winning creative success will bring a wealth of knowledge to the film, television and music aspects of our development goals.”
The initial slate of films Elevating Entertainment Motion Pictures currently has under development that could possibly be created in whole or in part from the grounds of Carolina USA Performance Park in 2011, and beyond are:
- A Season of Miracles by Rusty Whitener - a uniquely compelling drama about a group of twelve year olds and a championship little league baseball season, that isn’t so much about winning and losing, as it is about living and dying. Winner 1st Runner-up, Kairos Prize, 2009 Movieguide Awards in Hollywood, presented by Oren Aviv, President of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Productions.
- Give My Love to the Chestnut Trees by Beverly Varnado - a southern story set in the beautiful marshes of the Atlantic coast. A story of faith, love and celebration of one family’s triumph over life’s circumstances. (Finalist, Kairos Prize, 2009 Movieguide Awards in Hollywood.)
- David’s Star by Matthew Wayne Murray - an inspirational Christmas story of a family’s faith journey in the face of challenges. Through the process, they learn that sometimes miracles happen when we believe the impossible.
- Godspeed Junction is a fast paced, NASCAR racing-faith film. The coming of age story of a popular high school senior whose pride and arrogance behind the wheel takes an innocent life. A story of forgiveness and redemption that will resonate with its massive core audience. (Screenplay by Marshal Younger Focus On The Family’s Adventures In Odyssey Series)
- Finally Free is an action drama and story of redemption for a man who is trying to hide the events of his past. Faced with the choice of remaining quiet or speak¬ing up when another man’s life is on the line, he learns that the truth will set you free.
Elevating Entertainment currently has a number of other movie stories and scripts that are in development in which the company anticipates it can adapt for filming in North Carolina. These will be announced, as appropriate, when details have been confirmed.
Plans for Carolina USA Performance Park include the Stargate Theater, a 3500 seat full broadcast production facility. Some of the television programs Moody and his production team plan to create in association with Stargate Broadcasting at the Concord campus, include:
- Down Home RFD – a music, family comedy and variety show (reminiscent of Hee Haw, which was on the air for twenty years in syndication.)
- Blue Ridge Sunday – a weekly gospel music show featuring artists in a variety of genres, all performing acoustically.
- PraiseStreet USA – a weekly contemporary worship series hosted by the Dove Award winning PraiseStreet Worship Band and their special guests.
- A.R.T.S. (Artists Recording Talent Search) – an annual nationwide talent search where the winners receive a recording contract. (Awards to be presented in three categories: Under 18, 18-39, Over 40).
In addition to these programs, Elevating Entertainment will work closely with Stargate Worldwide to provide production services for a number of TV programs in development for RFDTV, PBS, Stargate Broadcasting, and others.
Lamon Records and Elevating Entertainment will maintain their primary offices and headquarters in Nashville, TN.
2550 Meridian Blvd, Ste 200
Franklin, TN 37067
LAMON RECORDS is perhaps best known for The Moody Brothers’ Grammy nominated recordings, including “Cotton Eye Joe,” which Moody, along with his brothers Carlton and Trent were the performing artists. In recent years, the label has earned 8 Dove Awards and over 50 nominations from the Gospel Music Association for its artists, producers and songwriters. Based in North Carolina since its founding in 1962, the label moved its primary offices to Nashville in 2008, but has maintained an active Carolina presence. The label’s most recent release entitled “Old Fashioned Hymns” features country and gospel music superstars Pat Boone, Ricky Skaggs, Marty Stuart, Charlie Pride, Del McCoury, Bill Anderson, Jim Ed Brown, George Beverly Shea, Cliff Barrows, Gail Davies, and others performing duets with George Hamilton IV, a native of North Carolina, who just celebrated 50 years as a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Continuing the family tradition, ELEVATING ENTERTAINMENT was established in 2007 by Moody and his son Josh Moody, who is currently a History and Film Studies senior at Vanderbilt University. The company now has several award winning motion pictures in distribution. Their latest film No Limit Kids: Much Ado About Middle School features Hollywood veterans Bill Cobbs (Night At The Museum, That Thing You Do), Golden Globe nominee Lee Meriwether (Miss America, Catwoman, Ultimate Gift), Jeff Rose (Army Wives, Drop Dead Diva), and Blake Michael, star of the upcoming Disney Channel original movie Lemonade Mouth. DVDs are currently available at Walmart.com, Lifeway Christian Bookstores, Family Christian Stores and other major outlets nationwide.
Link to "No Limit Kids" DVD at Walmart: http://walmart.com/
DAVE MOODY is an award winning artist, producer, songwriter and filmmaker. He is a two time Grammy nominated artist, has won two GMA Dove Awards, and earned 19 other Dove nominations. In 2007, he turned some of his attention to directing motion pictures and scoring music for film and television with the award winning musical motion pictures Stuck in the Past, Praise Band: The Movie, and No Limit Kids: Much Ado about Middle School.
STARGATE WORLDWIDE has one purpose… to invest in people. Our mission is to research an area in need of jobs, businesses, or services, design the project, bring entrepreneurs together to achieve success, and re-invest in others. For more information on Stargate Worldwide and Carolina USA Performance Park specifically, please contact Terry Keeney by email at CarolinaUSA@
Dave Moody is available for interviews and comments. For more information on Elevating Entertainment and Lamon Records, please visit: www.lamonrecords.com or www.elevatingent.com or call 615.379.2121, x101