5 Levels of Education for a Career in Social Work in Canada

The level of education required for a career in social work varies with the type of work and work setting. In most provinces the BSW is the minimum educational requirement for entry into the profession.
Oct. 14, 2010 - PRLog -- The majority of universities require you to complete either 1 or 2 years of pre-professional studies before applying to their Social Work program.

There are several BSW programs in Canadian universities that admit students who already have an approved Bachelor’s degree. You can do a BSW as a second degree. It usually takes an extra 2 years. There are also a few programs that require an undergraduate degree for admission and may take an additional 1-2 years to complete.

Entry into Social Work programs usually includes the following:

- Completed coursework in the areas of English, Social Sciences, Humanities and Introductory Social Work courses.

- Letters of reference.

- Personal interviews with the selection committee.

·-Volunteer or work experience in areas of social or human services that bear a direct relationship to Social Work.

The McMaster School of Social Work was established in 1968. This educational establishment provides educational opportunities for students who wish to prepare themselves for careers in social work or related professions.

For students without an undergraduate degree, the School offers a combined program of liberal arts and social work. After completion, students are awarded to the degrees of Bachelor of Arts B.A. and Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W). In addition, McMaster offers a Bachelor of Social Work B.S.W. degree for students who already possess a B.A.

Read more about social work degree in Canada - http://socialworkdegreesonline.net/msw-dsw-programs-in-ca...
Email:***@gmail.com Email Verified
Tags:Social Work, Degree, Msw, Canada, Online
Account Email Address Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse

Like PRLog?
Click to Share