News By Tag
* Tour Ethiopia
* Customs Regulation Ethiopia
* Addis Ababa
* Bole Airport
* Fly To Ethiopia
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
News By Location
Tips for Travelers to Ethiopia - Addis Ababa Airport introduces new customs regulation
Addis Ababa airport, which is found in the capital city of Ethiopia, is the one of the main hub for Africa. The customs authority of Ethiopia recently announced new customs regulation in relation to hard currency and valuable stones movement.
Accordingly, passengers getting in to and out of this airport are required to follow below summarized procedures related to hard currency.
- All visitors must declare the amount of hard currency they are bringing in to the country at time of arrival. Therefore, any amount exceeding US$ 1000.00 or equivalent for the locals and US$ 3000.00 for foreign nationals must be declared at the customs office on arrival.
- All transiting passengers who will be in transit for less than 24hrs are not required to declare the currency they are having with them. However if they plan to stay more than 24hrs they must declare the amount they have at the customs office in the airport.
- Any passenger departing from this airport cannot take out undeclared hard currency exceeding the equivalent of US$ 1000.00 for the locals, and US$ 3000.00 for foreign nationals. Any amount, same and equal to the declared amount while entering to the country or less, can be taken out with out any problem.
- Any passenger found having any currency exceeding the above amount and didn’t declared while entering, might be charged by the law, depending on the amount carried. In addition the excess currency will be confiscated.
In addition to the above regulation on hard currency the authority also reminds, all passengers are not allowed to take the local currency (Birr) exceeding 200.00 out of the country and if any, it will be confiscated and they may be charged by law as well . The authority also disclosed, since the starting of this regulation they have confiscated millions of different hard currency in the airport.
Most of the holders of the confiscated currency blame the authority for not properly advising visitors about the regulation. Visitors to Ethiopia are highly recommended to read all available resources on related issues and other tips for travelers to Ethiopia .
# # #
Blue sky Ethiopia tour (http://www.blueskyethiopia.com) offers great Ethiopia holidays, Honeymoons & private tours to all over Ethiopia. We offer complementary Hotel and Travel Service like car rent , airport shuttle service,air ticket reservation which are fully customizable.
Let us help you discover Ethiopia with our Free Information for Travelers to Ethiopia and best value prices for Vacation Tours and Holidays in Ethiopia.