News By Tag
* Nj Lap Band
* Lap Band Surgery Nj
* Lap Band Surgery In Nj
* Lap Band Surgery Cost
* Lap Band Surgery In New Jersey
* More Tags...
News By Place
NJ Lap Band Surgeon Offers Low Cost and Affordable Lap Band Surgery in New Jersey
The cost of Lap Band Surgery is New Jersey is an important factor for those who do not have Lap Band Surgery coverage through their insurance carrier, or for those who do not have insurance.
By: NJ Lap Band Surgery
As you know, there are many proven health and lifestyle benefits to the weight loss that can be achieved with Lap Band Surgery in New Jersey. That said, cost is obviously an important part of your decision to have this weight loss surgery.
Most private insurance companies in New Jersey do cover Lap Band Surgery costs, if the surgery is medically necessary. To do that, we will obtain a letter of medical necessity from your primary care physician.
Visit our website at http://www.NjLapBandSurgery.com for more information.
The cost of Lap Band Surgery in New Jersey with Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of Morris is approximately $15,000, depending on the facility where your procedure will be performed. The good news is that most insurance providers in New Jersey are covering all or part of the Lap Band Surgery cost if you meet the National Institutes of Health insurance requirements.
Watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/
Most insurance companies require a letter of medical necessity from your weight loss surgeon and your primary care physician. The letter, which will be prepared by our insurance specialists on your behalf will include:
* Your height, weight history and BMI
* A detailed description of your obesity-related health conditions, including records of treatment. Such conditions may include high blood pressure, diabetes, heart and blood vessel disease, sleep apnea, gastroesophageal reflux, arthritis and high cholesterol.
* Your current medications
* A detailed description of how the obesity affects your daily activities
* A detailed history of past dieting efforts. A number of insurers now require detailed documentation of participation in a physician-supervised diet plan. Most require the submission of at least six months’ worth of office notes from the supervising doctor.
* A history of exercise programs, along with gym membership documentation
NJ Lap Band Surgery Cost Breakdown
The cost of surgery comprises:
* Anesthesia fees
* The hospital facility fee
* The surgeon’s fee
* Follow-up appointments and Band Adjustments for the first 90 days after surgery.
Factors not included in the cost of Lap Band Surgery:
* Post-surgery behavior, exercise and diet counseling, including the cost of vitamins and supplements.
* Additional body contouring surgeries to remove excess skin, lift sagging body areas, improve loose muscles or treat fat deposits. Some of these additional procedures could include a facelift, breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominoplasty or liposuction.
Factors that affect Lap Band Surgery in New Jersey
* If your surgeon or hospital is an in-network provider.
* If your procedure is done on an in-patient (overnight) or out-patient (same-day discharge) basis
* Your specific health plan.
What to Ask Our Staff About the Cost of Lap Band Surgery in NJ
* What is the cost of gastric banding surgery?
* What does the cost include? Some bariatric surgeons will quote one all-encompassing price, while others will quote the surgery cost only and not take into account pre-op tests, hospital charges, follow-up care and counseling appointments.
* Will my insurer cover all or part of the procedure?
* When do you start billing separately for the adjustments or fills?
* Will my insurer cover the these adjustments or fills?
* Will my insurer cover any complications or re-operations after gastric band surgery?
* Do you offer patient financing plans to help with Lap Band surgery cost?
* How much does it cost to remove the Lap Band?
* Does the company provide any free on-line support for Lap Band patients?
To schedule a Lap Band Surgery consultation, please visit http://www.njlapbandsurgery.com/
# # #
Dr. Alexander Abkin is a board certified general surgeon and experienced NJ Lap Band Surgeon, having performed over 6,000 bariatric procedures in the past 10 years.