News By Tag
* More Industries...
News By Location
Largest Homeschool Blogging Community Upgrades to a Whole New Way of Blogging Life
The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine announces the launch of their newly updated and improved online community—HomeschoolBlogger.com.
By: The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine
According to The Old Schoolhouse®
As of August 2010, HomeschoolBlogger.com received thirteen million page views—JUST in the month of August alone! Month after month, the site gets many millions of pages viewed. Primarily comprised of homeschool parents (mainly moms) and homeschooled students, one of the draws to HSB is the ease in discovering new blogs by other homeschoolers and connecting with those of similar homeschool and family interests. This online community has a safety-net feel as opposed to other blog sites, where using a random blog button could turn up any sort of undesirable content. The upgrade changes provide the potential for HSB and its community to really blossom.
Change is not always easy, however. When sites get upgraded, some people lose interest in learning a new system; it may take a while to adjust to the way things will work. On the other hand, some people sacrifice community for upgraded features and workability. But with the brand-new blogging software, HSB combines an easy-to-learn system and amazing features attractive to this vibrant homeschool community.
Two words seem to describe HSB: community and functionality. Members contribute to an extraordinary, family-friendly blogging platform where importing a blog into HSB is simple. Using new importing and exporting features, a blog can move from MovableType, Textpattern, Grey Matter, Blogger, b2, WordPress, and many others. This means one can seamlessly import a blog to HSB and become part of the community while holding onto all previous content.
Kristen states: “HomeschoolBlogger is comprised of a large group of bloggers who make
HSB their home base. This is the largest upgrade in our five-year history and makes the community even stronger with its exciting new features. It runs on a WordPress platform, allowing for great features such as WordPress themes, separate pages, easy blogrolls, better spam protection, and an improved comment system. In addition, bloggers are able to schedule posts for later, easily back up posts, and work on collaborative projects without sharing passwords. The greatest news is bloggers enjoy these new features and still maintain the great HomeschoolBlogger community.”
Here’s a closer look at some of those new features at HomeschoolBlogger:
• Intuitive user interface—This is one of the most versatile web systems online with its user-friendly features. A “What You See Is What You Get” editor works seamlessly with the HTML editor for posts. Plus the system provides advanced image uploading and in-browser image editing.
• Spam protection—The new WordPress system enables tools such as an integrated blacklist and open proxy checker to manage and eliminate comment spam.
• WordPress themes—HSB provides a full theme system with ease of creating blog designs and formatting. Select multiple themes with totally different looks, even switch designs daily.
• No rebuilding—Changes made to templates or entries are reflected immediately across the blog—no need to change code on every single page.
• Password protected posts—Assigning passwords to individual posts will hide them from public view.
• Collaborative workflow—Friends and collaborators can write entries with different levels of permission. Multiple people with unique logins can write on one blog! Create profiles and groups to increase socialization.
• Full user registration—
There’s even more exciting news to share, because we’re working hard to offer additional improvements. A new “listen and learn” opportunity that is already making waves in the homeschool community is the introduction of FREE “Online Webinar Classes.” More than 3,500 people have already signed up for these classes since they were launched in July. These useful classes provide a vibrant lineup of topics to help homeschoolers plan and prepare for their home and school responsibilities—
Bloggers looking to communicate and connect with other homeschool families should head on over to HomeschoolBlogger.com. With this fabulous upgraded system, HSB provides a whole new, top-of-the-line blogging experience for all to enjoy in a safe, secure environment.
The Old Schoolhouse®
P.O. Box 8426
Gray, TN 37615
To request further information or a copy of The Old Schoolhouse®
# # #
About The Old Schoolhouse®
The Old Schoolhouse®