News By Tag
* Strategic Small Business Initiative
* Nancy Sherman
* Mobile Marketing
* Strategic Growth Concepts
* Linda Daichendt
* More Tags...
* Small business
* Mobile marketing
* More Industries...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
SSBI Announces FREE Mobile Marketing Seminar for Kalamazoo Area Business Owners and Marketers
Southwest Michigan’s ‘Strategic Small Business Initiative’ is Sponsoring a FREE Seminar for Kalamazoo Area Small Businesses Interested in Exploring the Use of Mobile Marketing Services to Promote Their Firms
By: Strategic Small Business Initiative
SSBI’s Executive Director, Nancy Sherman, explains the reason for SSBI’s sponsorship of this event, “Our organization focuses on providing resources to our small business members; resources that can help them run and grow their businesses. Recently I found out about the mobile services provided by Strategic Growth Concepts and met with the firm’s CEO, Linda Daichendt, to learn more. I was blown away! I knew right then that we had to take advantage of this technology and make it available to our members as soon as possible. Mobile advertising provides them an opportunity to take their businesses to the next level with an easy-to-use, high-response, low-cost technology; it’s a tool all small businesses should be looking at!”
According to the Mobile Marketing Association, “Mobile Marketing is a set of practices that enables organizations to communicate and engage with their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network.” In today’s marketplace, that communication and engagement is being implemented by marketers from the smallest ‘mom & pop shop’ to the largest multi-national corporations. As the traditional marketing channels suffer various levels of decline, mobile marketing is experiencing triple-digit growth annually. Statistics from recent studies provide insight:
• 97% of SMS (text) messages are read within 15 minutes of receipt, and acted upon within 1 hour. Nielsen Mobile
• There are 285.6 million mobile subscribers in the United States, stated another way, that’s 91% of the population! CTIA
• Mobile devices will pass PCs as the Internet access device of choice by 2013. Gartner
• $2.2 billion of physical goods will be purchased via mobile device in 2010. ABI Research
• Mobile retail to reach $12 billion by 2014. Juniper Research
• 27% of U.S. mobile web users have clicked on a mobile ad. ABI Research
• 53% of mobile users would share their location to receive more relevant ads. Mashable
• Mobile coupon redemption is 10x that of traditional coupons. Borrell Associates
• B2B mobile marketing to grow from $26 million in 2009 to $106 million in 2014. Forrester
• By 2015, more than 50% of mobile users will participate in mobile banking. eMarketer
• Mobile users watch 3 hours and 37 minutes of video on their phones per month. Nielsen
• Hilton Hotels reports “seven digits a month” in mobile revenue. USA Today
• 36% of people are interested in receiving grocery coupons on their mobile phone. Compete
The seminar’s speaker, Linda Daichendt, is CEO of Strategic Growth Concepts, a Detroit-area based new media marketing firm that specializes in mobile marketing, social media marketing and virtual events production. Daichendt is an award-winning blogger on the use of new media in growing a business, and a recognized business expert with 20+ years of corporate, small business and franchising experience. She can be reached at Linda@StrategicGrowthConcepts.com, and the Strategic Growth Concepts website can be viewed at http://www.StrategicGrowthConcepts.com.
For additional information about this event, contact SSBI Executive Director, Nancy Sherman, at Nancy@TheSSBI.com or via the company’s website at http://www.TheSSBI.com.
# # #
Strategic Small Business Initiative (The SSBI) is the latest incarnation of a small business support and networking organization that was founded more than 20 years ago in Washington, D.C. to enable small business growth thru educational events, marketing opportunities, support programs, and relationship building. Now based in Southwest Michigan, the firm provides weekly and monthly support programs for small business owners, an annual conference with well-recognized presenters, and a wide variety of additional services and support programs designed to help small business owners achieve success. The firm’s Executive Director, Nancy Sherman, PhD, is a life-long entrepreneur with an innate understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to lead small business owners to resources that will enable them to overcome any challenges they may be facing. Nancy can be contacted at Nancy@TheSSBI.com, and the company website can be viewed at http://www.TheSSBI.com .