News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Influential Top Global Leaders in Healthcare & Hospital Development Conference Agenda Announced
Eric Wenke, Fred Hagigi, Norman Soto, Mathias Goyen, and Jacques Mulder are added to the panel of speakers for the Healthcare & Hospital Development Conference.
By: MaryBeth Luu
The conference is expecting up to 400 superior leaders from over 30 different countries from healthcare and governmental sectors, which will be available to converse with and expand individual and company networks. What would take years to accomplish, will be fulfilled in three days of scholarly development.
“… Healthcare programs stall because organizations reach for a large, expensive initiative before they are culturally ready. Often they would be better off starting with smaller initiatives to show immediate results and build on success,” said Eric Wenke, Assistant Vice President of Corporate Development for Baptist Health South Florida. “… Programs in healthcare will continue to develop over the coming years due to the growing recognition they can positively impact employee and patient satisfaction, potentially improve patient outcomes, and have immediate environmental and financial benefits.”
Eric Wenke is the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Development for Baptist Health South Florida. He overseas special projects for growth and efficiency and leads environmental sustainability initiatives. He’s an award-winner for “green” projects at Baptist Health and a major contributor to the development of eco-friendly programs and practices. Eric successfully managed strategy projects for Fortune 500 companies, co-founded and built an Internet Telephony venture and designed and led initiatives to turn-around Telefonica, USA. He is committed to serving his community and is a founding Board Member of the not-for-profit group, Dream in Green.
Some additional highly recognized speakers will include Fred Hagigi, Norman Soto, Mathias Goyen, and Jacques Mulder.
Fred Hagigi is a Professor, in the Department of Health Services, and a director, of the Executive Education Programs in Healthcare Management & Policy, at UCLA. He lectures and consults with international delegates about the U.S. Healthcare system and curriculum development in healthcare management. Fred presently consults with the Veterans Administration, concentrating on translating research into practice and demonstrating the business case for increased healthcare quality. He has received awards for his work and has several degrees leading up to his profession.
Norman Soto is Director of Healthcare for the MENA Region at Burt Hill. He has 25+ years of experience in designing healthcare, laboratory, senior care, and residential facilities in the Middle East, United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Pacific Rim. Norman has a great approach to developing lasting relationships with clients, using his expertise as a facilitator and communicator to interpret and implement their needs. He values and enjoys sharing his professional experience with each project team to help develop creative design solutions.
Mathias Goyen, MD, is CEO of UKE Consult & Management. He has been a Chief Communications Officer (CCO) at the University Medical Center Hamburg. Dr. Goyen has published more than 60 peer-reviewed articles, 18 book chapters, 8 books and has given hundreds of presentations. After earning his MD, Dr. Goyen completed a residency in Diagnostic Radiology and worked as an Assistant Professor at the University Hospital Essen. In 2006, he received the KlinikAward in the category Manager of the Year, Hospital Marketing.
Jacques Mulder is Principal and Pharmaceutical R&D Practice Leader at Deloitte Consulting LLP. He’s responsible for Deloitte’s most important engagements for leading global pharmaceutical companies. He has 16+ years of life sciences experience with an expertise across the entire pharmaceutical value chain. Jacques served as senior vice president of integrated strategic solutions for a large pharmaceutical research consulting firm and has been accountable for several consulting functions.
Other speakers are as follows:
• Steve Owens, Assistant Administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency
• Hon. Premier W. Mckeeva Bush, Minister for Financial Services and Tourism, Cayman Islands
• Laila Al Jassmi, CEO, Dubai Health Authority
• H.E. Nasser Al Budoor, Director, International Relations & Health Affairs
• Dr. Devi Shetty, Heart Surgeon and Chairman of Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore, India
• Dr. Rick Van Pelt, Director Global Programs, Partners Harvard Medical International
• Sonia Roschnik, Operational Director, NHS Sustainable Development Unit of UK
• Jocelyn Stroupe, Director of Healthcare Interiors, Cannon Design/President, AAHID
• C. Duane Dauner, President, California Hospital Association
• Henning Lensch, Chairman of the Hospital Planning Group, Association for German Consulting Engineers and Architects, VBI
• Gail Vittori, Immediate Past Chair, US Green Building Council
• Stuart Rowley, CEO, Prince Court Medical Center, Malaysia
• Prem Jagyasi, MD & CEO, Exhealth/Dubai Healthcare City or UAE
• Hugh Greeley, Founder, HG Healthcare Consultants
• Dr. Greg Carlson, Assistant Professor/Associate for Healthcare Consulting, University of Alabama
• Ricardo Forbes, President, International Captive Managers Limited
• Bhaskar Chakravorti, Partner, Mckinsey & Company/Senior Leader and Associate for Harvard Business School
• Walter Vernon, Principal, M+NLB
• Cagri Kanver, Senior Associate, HOK Advance Strategies
• Jorge Cortes, CMO, Clinical Biblica
The conference is sponsored by the Sustainable Healthcare & Hospital Development Magazine. http://www.healthcaredevelopmentmagazine.com
It will also be integrated with the 3rd Annual Medical Tourism and Global Healthcare Congress. www.medicaltourismcongress.com
For more information about exciting new speakers, http://www.healthcaredevelopmentconference.com/
Learn more about the conference at http://www.healthcaredevelopmentconference.com
# # #
Our goal is to connect the world in the sustainable healthcare and healthcare development industries through transparency, communication and education.
Page Updated Last on: Aug 10, 2010