News By Tag
News By Location
Michael’s School of Hair Design and Paul Mitchell Schools Raise $1.2 Million for Charity
Each year, thousands of Future Professionals and staff members from Paul Mitchell Schools donate their time, talent, and energy to support a variety of charitable causes. The 2010 “FUNraising” campaign raised over $1.2 million.
• Feed over 4,600 orphaned children for a year through Food 4 Africa
• Provide 4 MRIs, 4 critical care cribs, 8 ventilators, 4 bedside monitors, 14 pulse oximeters, 8 pediatric wheelchairs, 2 emergency carts, and 6 fetal heart monitors for a Children’s Miracle Network hospital
• Directly save 20 lives and screen over 1,000 people for heart disease through the Larry King Cardiac Foundation
• Help develop new Leeza’s Places and provide programming, resources, and research through the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation
• Support individuals and organizations that benefit hairdressers through the Andrew Gomez Dream Foundation
• Help salon professionals rebuild their salons and professional lives following the devastation of natural disasters through the NCA Disaster Relief Fund
• Provide basic hair care for 1,000 low-income and homeless children and adults and pay rent for Sister Bonnie’s Franciscan Daymaker Salon for a year.
• Provide 400 hours of individual speech and language therapy for lower-income deaf children from the greater Los Angeles area through No Limits.
Learn more about how Michael’s School of Hair Design and Esthetics gives back at: http://michaels.paulmitchell.edu/