News By Tag
News By Place
Discover the Powerful Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
AND TREAT YOURSELF TO A DAILY RESPITE FROM THE BUSY WORLD AROUND YOU Learn simple, effective techniques you can put in place for 5 to 20 minutes a day, restoring balance, wholeness and serenity to your life.
In today’s fast-paced society, we are often bombarded with a multitude of conflicting challenges and responsibilities. The stress often experienced can be overwhelming. If you are ready to quiet the clamor, even for 5 or 20 minutes, mindfulness meditation is the key.
Mindfulness is bringing the fullness of our attention to each moment, non-judgmentally. Rather than shutting the world out by denial or dismissal, we directly participate in each moment as it unfolds with awareness, openness and compassion.
Mindfulness meditation is the practice of building skills for becoming wakeful and calm in the midst of chaos and uncertainty. We reconnect with our true selves, becoming more resilient, resourceful and receptive to the richness and fullness in our lives.
At this workshop, we will explore the following mindfulness meditation practices and the benefits of integrating them into your life on a daily basis:
* Mindful breathing meditation: cultivate awareness, renewal and quietude
* Walking meditation: practice arriving in the present moment, step by step
By implementing these simple exercises for only 5 to 20 minutes a day, you may experience:
* Increased self-awareness, self-trust and self-acceptance
* Awakened inner capacities for insight, compassion, forgiveness and love
* Serenity in the face of difficulty, more fluid adaption to change
* Ability to experience increased joy, happiness and well-being
* Lasting decreases in stress-related symptoms including anxiety, chronic pain, headaches and insomnia
Join Lorrie Jones, MBSR educator, for a FREE Mindfulness Meditation Workshop at the Lakewood Office Park in Tacoma, WA on Aug 17, 2010, 12–1:30pm. RSVP here: http://biznik.com/
# # #
A wellness practitioner and coach, Lorrie is a certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction educator. She offers mindfulness based, integrative wellness and stress management programs designed to educate, inspire and motivate.