News By Tag
* Save Japan Dolphins
* The Cove
* More Tags...
News By Place
Eco Alert: A New Meaning Behind “Spend And Save”
Recycled Silver Bracelet Supports Save Japan Dolphins
Save Japan Dolphins was co-founded in 2004 by activist Ric O’Barry and strives to end the mass dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan. This campaign became widely known after 2009 documentary “The Cove” was awarded an Oscar and was featured as the 2010 Earth Day special on Oprah. “The Cove” has been given close to 50 awards since its premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.
“Thanks for your dedication and hard work,” said David Phillips, Executive Director of Earth Island Institute (the parent organization of the Save Japan Dolphins campaign), “It’s making a big difference for our efforts.”
EcoJoia has a Facebook page with an increasing and dedicated fan base offering up comments such as: “Why can’t every company give for every purchase?” EcoJoia’s bracelets are just the start. As EcoJoia grows it will gain the capacity to help raise funds for more environmental and humanitarian nonprofit organizations-
The Save Japan Dolphins Bracelet is available for $38 at http://www.ecojoia.com.
Recycled Silver Bracelet Supports Save Japan Dolphins: FACT SHEET
“Save Japan Dolphins” Bracelet Facts:
• Manufactured in Thailand
• Made from recycled 925 silver dipped in recycled platinum with royal blue satin adjustable cord for band
• “Save Japan Dolphins” engraved into silver, top face of bracelet
• Available for purchase at www.ecojoia.com and www.savejapandolphins.org
• Mission – to support the merchandise needs of environmental and humanitarian non-profit organizations, with the goal of increasing their fund raising capabilities and simultaneously spreading cause awareness.
• EcoJoia believes in selling products made from environmentally conscious materials such as certified organic cotton, recycled materials, and earth-friendly dyes and screen printing, wherever possible.
• EcoJoia is a Denver-based company committed to creating appealing, earth-friendly, cause-supporting merchandise.
• EcoJoia is a growing business with outreach in the local Colorado community.
• EcoJoia’s current non-profit partners include:
o Save Japan Dolphins
o In Defense of Animals
o Hawksbill Hope
Quote from Save Japan Dolphins campaign director Ric O’Barry, star of Academy Award winning documentary “The Cove”
"EcoJoia has made an amazing impact on the Save Japan Dolphins campaign. Their donations from the ‘Save Japan Dolphins’ merchandise sales have allowed me to advance the campaign immensely,” said Ric O’Barry, Campaign Director and head activist. “We are that much closer to our goals of ending the dolphin slaughter in Japan and protecting dolphins around the world, with the help and support of EcoJoia."
# # #
Our mission at EcoJoia is to support the merchandise needs of environmental and humanitarian non-profit organizations, with the goal of increasing their fund raising capabilities and simultaneously spreading cause awareness.