Follow on Google News
News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
New releases: OntoBroker 6.0 and OntoStudio 3.0 – expanding its performance leadership
ontoprise GmbH announced the new releases of OntoBroker 6.0 and OntoStudio 3.0. It is the most complete SemanticWeb infrastructure and the only worldwide supporting all major W3C SemanticWeb recommendations including OWL, RDF(s), RIF and ObjectLogic.
By: ontoprise GmbH
Fastest inference engine: OntoBroker 6.0
Once more the performance of OntoBroker has been improved and the new release nearly doubles the performance of the previous version, which was one of the fastest inference engines. The independent “OpenRuleBench”
The OntoBroker web-services have been improved. So it is easy to integrate OntoBroker into existing applications and use customized scripts for accessing all information contained within the ontology repository.
OntoBroker 6.0 improvements at a glance:
- Better overall performance
- ObjectLogic support
- Extended web-service for easy integration into existing applications
- Extended rights management for CollaborationServer (collaborative ontology engineering)
- Improved RDF compatibility
- Integrated ontology optimizing tools (e.g. a genetic optimizer) to accelerate ontology reasoning
- New support for Oracle TimesTen databases
Industry proven ontology modelling environment:
Like OntoBroker 6.0 the latest OntoStudio release also supports OWL, RDF(s), RIF and ObjectLogic ontologies and therefore completes the ontoprise suite. ObjectLogic replaces the former F-logic, which still can be imported into OntoStudio 3.0.
Apart from performance optimizations, the new OntoStudio 3.0 has a completely redesigned graphical rule editor. It allows the users to easily create even complex ontological rules using drag & drop. The created rules have a modern UML-like style.
Additional OntoStudio 3.0 improvements:
- Support for ObjectLogic ontologies
- Redesigned graphical rule editor interface
- Web-service deployment in OntoStudio 3.0 is now based on the dynamic web-services of OntoBroker
- Improved handling of very large ontologies
- Interface adoptions to better support ontology engineering workflows and ontology navigation
- Improved regression test management
# # #
ontoprise is a leading independent software vendor for industry-proven Semantic Web infrastructure technologies and products used to support dynamic semantic information integration and information management processes at the enterprise level. With its mature and standards-based products and its extensive experience ontoprise is delivering a key segment of the upcoming Semantic Web. ontoprise has developed a comprehensive product suite designed to support the deployment of semantic technologies in the enterprise.
Account Email Address Disclaimer Report Abuse