News By Tag
News By Location
Learn the Key Aspects of Getting Into Top MBA Programs - LA MBA Workshop Announces May 15 Event Date
The Los Angeles MBA Admissions Workshop, LA's largest pre-MBA group, announces new Santa Monica location and May 15th date for the next MBA admissions and GMAT workshop.
Significant time and focus will be paid to the common MBA essay types. Attendees will learn how to construct impactful MBA application essays through a step by step writing process.
The Workshop is 1 PM to 4 PM on Saturday, May 15th and will cover the following areas:
* Overview of the MBA Application Process and the GMAT exam.
* How to Get the Right Recommendation
* Timing the MBA Applications - Round 1 vs. Round 2 vs Round 3
* Full-time vs. Part-time vs. Executive MBA Programs
* School Selection, School Visits and MBA Program Fit
* Nuances of the MBA Interview and Resume
* Overview of the common MBA Application Essay Themes - Career Goals, Significant Leadership, Failure/Mistake, Personal Values and Beliefs, "Creative" expression essays.
* Avoiding common mistakes and pitfalls when filling out the final MBA application.
* Considerations for MBA Re-applicants and the Waitlist
In order to accommodate the number of attendees, the Workshop has moved from UCLA Anderson to a new Santa Monica location.
* The Coloft
* 920 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401
In order to ensure a quality experience, space is also limited to 25 attendees. An RSVP is required to attend. Reserve your spot online at http://la-mba.org/
# # #
The Los Angeles MBA Admissions Workshop is LA's largest member-directed, pre-MBA seminar series. Founded in 2008 by Paul Lanzillotti, a UCLA Anderson MBA and former admissions interviewer, the Los Angeles MBA Admissions Workshop (http://la-mba.org/)
Held approximately every four weeks, the Workshop is conducted in a classroom lecture format and covers the following areas:
* MBA Application Strategy and Planning
* MBA Essay Writing and Resume Editing
* MBA Program, School Selection and Visits
* MBA Timing, Deadlines and Application Submission
* MBA Recommendation Letter Approaches
* MBA Reapplicant, Older, Younger Applicant and Special Circumstances Planning
* MBA Admissions Committee Insight and Interview Preparation
* MBA Waitlist Response, Admissions Rejection and Ding Analysis