How to Sharpen Kitchen Knives
Gourmet Kitchenware specialise in supplying great value cookware and designer kitchenware.
Home sharpening methods include using sharpening steel, drawing knives across a flat sharpening stone, or using a commercial knife sharpener.
Using a Sharpening Steel
• Hold the steel - a metal rod designed for sharpening knives - in one hand
• With the other hand, hold the knife by its handle.
• Place the knife just under the handle of the steel, with the knife handle touching the bottom of the steel handle.
• With the knife at a 10- to 25-degree angle to the steel, hold the steel rod steady and draw the knife blade down the steel.
• Repeat several times until the entire cutting surface of the knife has been drawn across the steel on both sides of the blade.
Gourmet Kitchenware specialise in supplying great value cookware and designer kitchenware. Our passion for cooking and quality kitchen equipment, like Wusthof and Global kitchen knives, drove us to the natural progression of taking the plunge and join the world of online retailing.
Owning a great set of Wusthof kitchen knives is good method when it comes to preparing a meal properly. Some would even say that your Wusthof kitchen knives are direct reflection of your skill as a cook. The better condition your Wusthof kitchen knives are in, the more capable of a cook you are. This is very understandable, as the condition of your knives can mean the difference between a great meal and a horrible one.
# # #
Our website www.gourmetkitchenware.co.uk is driven by our aim to provide high quality kitchen equipment-competitive prices and impeccable service