News By Tag
* Oil paintings
* More Industries...
News By Place
Tips for Oil Painting Learner-----Make it Simple
Oil painting is straightforward, far simpler than etching or even watercolor painting. If you can see something, you can paint it in oils.
1. Formulate what you hope to achieve, and devise a workable route to that objective.
2. Research the market if you wish to sell the work.
3. Approach the painting process in logical steps, which usually entail:
a. drawings to investigate compositional possibilities.
b. blocked-out charcoal/pencil/
c. oil sketches to experiment with various color schemes and harmonies.
d. preparing canvas and paint for the anticipated tasks.
e. applying paint to canvas, either incorporating the results of b and c in direct painting, or by tackling them in distinct phases.
f. varnishing, framing and hanging the work.
Yes, it does help to know what you're about. But though the objectives of painting, and even how to go about them, can all be stated in a few page:
1. Acquiring the necessary eye and manual skill takes years, and
2. Producing something significant requires individual gifts, strong personal qualities and unceasing application.
Whatever you attempt, you'll get there quicker if you appreciate the larger dimensions of oil painting techniques, and continually study the work of other practitioners, both the old and contemporary masters.
# # #
Founded in 2001, Xiamen Romandy Art Co., Ltd. is one of leading enterprises engaged in the production of handmade oil paintings in China.
We can design and create such as modern oil paintings, abstract oil paintings, portraits paintings, etc.