News By Tag
* Church Giving Statistics
* Church Offerings
* Brian Kluth
* State Of The Plate
* Church Stewardship
* More Tags...
News By Location
Church Giving Statistics - Offerings Are Down But the Help Churches Are Giving Families Is Up
The 2nd annual www.STATEofthePLATE.info research from over 1000 churches reports on church giving, budgeting, and ways churches are helping families.
By: Brian Kluth of MAXIMUMgenerosity.org
The research shows that 38% of churches have experienced a decline in giving this past year. The year before 29% of churches saw a decline in giving. Brian Kluth, founder of www.MAXIMUMgenerosity.org, says "This two year drop in church giving is unprecedented in our lifetime. While churches are in uncharted waters financially, they are stepping up like never before to help families in their church and community."
According to the http://www.STATEofthePLATE.info research, here are ways that churches are planning or considering helping people in the coming year:
• 74% of pastors will preach on financial topics
• 65% will offer financial classes, courses, seminars (examples: www.DaveRamsey, www.Crown.org, etc.)
• 50% will make helpful financial pamphlets available
• 48% will make volunteer financial counselors available
• 42% will give out Bible devotional on finances/generosity (example: www.GenerousLife.org)
• 30% have increased funding to help needy families in the church and community
In Kluth's home church in Colorado Springs where he has been the pastor for 10 years, benevolence giving has gone up ten fold. Kluth says, "We used to give about $6000-$7000/
This past year, Kluth's church commissioned him to become a full-time Generosity Minister-at-
To see the key findings and graphs, go to: http:www.STATEofthePLATE.info To contact Brian Kluth, call 719-930-4000 or email email@example.com.
# # #
MAXIMUM Generosity was founded by Dr. Brian Kluth to provide resources, speaking, and media interviews that inspire greater generosity and increase giving. Kluth is a pastor, bestselling author, speaker, and a leading media authority on philanthropy.
Page Updated Last on: May 11, 2010