News By Tag
What Is A Low Fat Diet
A low-fat diet is more complicated than many people realize because many people mistakenly believe if they eat only foods labeled low or reduced fat that they are following a low-fat diet.
A low-fat diet is more complicated than many people realize because many people mistakenly believe if they eat only foods labeled low or reduced fat that they are following a low-fat diet. Many people struggle with low-fat diets because they don't enjoy counting calories and don't know how much total fat is in their foods but it isn't difficult to implement a low-fat diet into one's life
What are the benefits of eating a low-fat diet? People who consume diets low in fat, consume less calories. Therefore, their risk of weight gain also decreases. Also your risk of cancer and heart disease also decreases. Low saturated fat intake equals lower cholesterol level.
What can you do to lower the amount of fat in your diet?
1. When cooking ground beef for meat loaf, etc. Rinse off the meat and remove the grease from the pan then proceed with cooking. The rinses off the excess fat without affecting the taste.
2. Buy lean or extra lean meats and poultry without skin. These products have at least 33% less fat than normal.
3. Eat more grains. Be eating more grains you automatically decrease the amount of fat in your diet.
4. Check food labels. As stated previously, check the labels for the amount and type of fat in it.
5. If you choose to eat something high in fat, balance it with something low in fat. Add vegetables instead of French fries with you hamburger.
6. Eat more beans. They are a good source of protein and fiber. This can fill you up without the excess fat
A low-fat diet should not only balance total calories with calories from fat, but should be implemented in smaller, more frequent portions. We also know eating too much fat leads to health problems and weight gain but we do need some healthy fats in our diet. Fats are a source of solubles vitamin A, D and E. Fats provide hormone production, skin health and protections of vital organs and insulation.
To loose weight with a low-fat diet, it is necessary to exercise enough to burn more calories than the body consumes.
Some simple changes to begin a low-fat diet include switching to skim milks, avoiding fried foods, and substituting traditionally high-fat dairy products such as sour cream with fat-free versions or yogurt.
More tips here, http://what-