News By Tag
* American Heart Association 3 Day Diet Plan
* American Heart Association Diet Plan Online
* More Tags...
News By Place
American Heart Association 3 Day Diet Plan: Beware!
The American Heart Association 3 day diet plan is supposed to help one lose 10 pounds in 3 days, however there are deep concerns about the diet. So how healthy is the 3 day diet and is it in fact endorsed by the American Heart Association?
These diets are in fact unhealthy for a variety of reasons:
* The phony American Heart Association 3 day diet refers to itself as a cleansing or detox diet however most of the recipes are high in sodium, fat, and sugar, and include processed foods like hotdogs, vanilla ice cream and crackers.
* Their recommended daily calorie intake is below what doctors suggest
* (Doctors also do not suggest weight loss of more than a pound or two per week)
* The diet is considered a fasting diet. People on these types of diets are known to lose mostly water and lean muscle tissue (losing muscle mass actually decreases your metabolism) and are prone to put the weight back on immediately once finished with the diet.
Anybody considering losing that amount of weight in such a short space of time should Always consult their medical practitioner.
The reality is that diets based mostly on fasting decrease one's metabolism and muscle mass. The result is that it becomes easier for people to actually put More weight on after finishing the diet!
Rather a healthier alternative to The American Heart Association 3 Day Diet plan is advice from Certified Nutritionist Isabel and her partner Jeff.
They have excellent ideas on how you can make a few simple changes to your diet to lose weight (not muscle) in a healthy and sustainable manner. And also how to maintain your goal weight.
The key is to make small lifestyle changes and to do things that you would be willing to incorporate into your daily routine rather than something you would most likely drop after a few days.
A diet should always emphasize good nutritious eating habits with a variety of recipes from All the different food groups.
Summing up: The phony American Heart Association 3 Day Diet, like other fasting diets, can cause undue strain on the heart, kidneys, liver and other major organs. It is possible to lose weight quickly on fasting diets however the actual weight loss will be mostly attributed to losing water and lean muscle tissue.
Once the 3 day diet is finished weight gain is a very real possibility.
If you do decide, for whatever reason, to try the 3 day diet then you should not go beyond the three days otherwise you risk damaging your health.
Our recommended healthier alternative to sensible sustainable weight loss:
# # #
Marcus Presley is the owner of Fatburn-Secrets.com http://www.fatburn-