News By Tag
* Grauer School
* Las Vegas
* Science Fair
* San Diego
* State Fair
* More Tags...
News By Place
Grauer School Students Excel at Regional Science Fair
Encinitas, CA--Seven Grauer School students advanced to the finals and earned awards at the 56th Annual Greater San Diego Science and Engineering Fair at the Viejas Arena at San Diego State University.
- 1st Award and eligible to compete at CA State Fair, plus 2 Professional Awards, William Braymen, 8th grade – Physics: “What is the Extent of Light Pollution in San Diego?”
- 1st Award and eligible to compete at CA State Fair, Shelby Smith, 8th grade – Behavior/Sociology:
- 2nd Award, Zachary Chao, 7th grade – Physics: “Hydroelectric Energy
- 2nd Award, Chris Ellis, 7th grade – Animal Science: “The Mealworm Experiment”
- 3rd Award, Geoffrey Tamayo, 8th grade – Physics: “The Effect of Temperature on the Distance of a Baseball”
- 4th Award, Alex Guy, 10th grade – Biochemistry:
- 4th Award, Harriet Hughes, 10th grade - Plant Science: “What Salt Water Concentrations Do Anacharis Plants Grow Best In?”
According to Teacher Patricia Wundrow, “This is truly a remarkable achievement for the Grauer School students and for the school overall. Ten students out of an enrollment of 145 were selected to compete in the final competition, but two students were unable to attend. Of the seven students who were able to complete the competition, all were awarded. Two of the finalists will advance to the state finals. These students were judged on very specific criteria with stringent requirements --- we are tremendously proud of their achievements.”
The Grauer School is located at 1500 South El Camino Real in Encinitas and scholarships are available. For additional information, call (760) 944-6777 or visit www.grauerschool.com.
# # #
EMS Marketing manages projects in a wide variety of industries and multiple disciplines. Clients include The Grauer School, The Plastic Surgery Practice of Dr. John and Dr. Wendell Smoot, Claire's on Cedros Bakery and Café, and many others.