News By Tag
News By Place
LED Concepts Creates 25 Spectacular LED Light Boxes for Eco-conscious Volcom
High Performance LED Illuminated Light Boxes Using the Revolutionary ION Light Engine Deliver Four Times More Energy Efficiency than Traditional Fluorescent Displays
By: LED Concepts
The 25 brilliant light boxes designed by LED Concepts use a state-of-the-
The Volcom LED light boxes using the revolutionary ION Light Engine:
• Are 60% more energy-efficient than light boxes using T-8 fluorescent lamps.
• Are 75% more energy-efficient than T-12 fluorescent lamps.
• Do not radiate infrared heat (IR), which reduces building heat load and decreases air conditioning costs.
• Contain no harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which greatly reduces the fading of graphics.
• Are environmentally friendly and, unlike fluorescent light boxes, do not contain heavy metal pollutants nor toxic and flammable gases.
• Have the ability to operate in harsh environments and withstand temperatures ranging from -40° F to +185° F
• Use aluminum extrusions to provide optimum structural strength and a long, trouble-free lifespan
• Use powder-coated finishes to provide a long lasting, maintenance-
LEDs last from 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which virtually eliminates the cost of maintenance needed for fluorescent lamp change-outs. The long life span, reduced maintenance costs and extreme durability of LEDs decrease CO2 emissions, reduce the associated carbon footprint and help protect the environment to ensure a stable climate for future generations. 80% of the mercury used in fluorescent lamps goes into landfills, and solid-state LEDs do not use mercury to produce light.
“We are excited to be helping such a dynamic, fast-growing company to increase Volcom brand awareness internationally with our energy-efficient LED light boxes,” said Rick Farrell, president of LED Concepts. “The younger generation has demonstrated its concern about protecting the world’s environment, and will be pleased to discover that Volcom is reducing its carbon footprint with these eco-friendly light boxes from LED Concepts.”
To see a Volcom video, please go to:
Based in Costa Mesa, California, Volcom was founded in 1991 by Richard "Wooly" Woolcott and Tucker "T-Dawg" Hall. The company caters to the surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding markets, born out of the founders' own experiences with these sports. Volcom is actively involved in a campaign that it calls "Let the Kids Ride Free" (L.T.K.R.F.)
About LED Concepts
LED Concepts is an award-winning manufacturer of high performance, energy efficient LED menu boards and light boxes using the revolutionary ION Light Engine for the retail, hospitality and quick-serve and fast casual restaurant markets. The company’s president has been involved in the menu board, light box and high-tech specialty lighting markets for over 25 years. Our Eco-friendly products are fully recyclable, UL, CUL and CE-listed, meet ROHS specifications, contribute points to LEED-certified buildings, as well as qualify for regional power company energy rebates and Federal tax credits for energy efficiency. We design, engineer and manufacture each of our products in our state-of-the-
# # #
LED Concepts is an award-winning manufacturer of high performance, energy efficient LED products for the medical and high-tech specialty lighting markets, as well as LED products for the retail, hospitality , QSR and fast casual restaurant markets.