News By Tag
News By Location
Top 9 SEO Tips for Companies and DIY SEO'ers
If you are learning online Internet marketing this list will give you a great insight into Googles ranking factors.
1. Domain Hosting. Find out what continent or country your site is hosted in. Ask your hosting company for this information. Where it is hosted plays a vital role in search rankings. You must ensure you are using a reputable hosting company and if your company is U.K based, try to use a hosting company that is also based in the U.K. Also you should never just use the cheapest hosting company as these are not always the most reputable or able at providing the best service. Look around for a hosting company that can provide the best service you desire. A dedicated IP is also recommended for your site.
2. Age of Domain: The age of URL is critical. The age of your website helps build trust so if your site has been active online for several years, the chances are you have an established business.
3. URL Structure: Always ensure the structures of your URL are clean, and you do not have any random strings of characters at the end of your URL’s.
4. Your Neighbours: If you are using a virtual server which also host many other websites on this same server, ensure your neighbours on this server are not classed as spam. Some virtual servers house hundreds of websites on one server so it is something to keep in mind
5. Content: First, make sure all of the text for your site is on all of your important pages. Read it through and ensure the text consists of targeted keywords and these run throughout the text naturally. Never write your content for the sole purpose of achieving Google search engine rankings as it will most likely not be user friendly or provide any value to your customers. Instead write it so it is customer and “human” friendly, making sure they will understand what you are saying.
6. Keywords: Your website needs to be optimised using keywords by using alt tags, meta page information and existing content at the very least.
8. Trust: It is a good idea to have a postal address on your website. This helps Google see your site is and business is trustworthy for visitors and it will also help to build trust with your customers, giving you better rankings. Having contact information, including a phone number and or email address also, makes it easy for your customers to do business with you. It establishes trust, leading to valuable business
9. Outbound links: Websites you are linking to must be 100% relevant to your business and industry. For example, if you are selling jewellery, then linking to a site that sells food is not relevant and could impact your ratings. If it makes sense to link to another site, then do so, but keep in mind this could send your visitors away from your own site.
10. Inbound Links: Do not buy or exchange links. Market your business online and build visitors over time. Doing it this way means the relevant will follow.
There are many factors Google will use when determining website rankings and getting these factors correct is vital to your site otherwise you will find your site not progressing. Just remember, it is all about earning your visitors and Google’s trust over time. Contact http://www.seo-
Page Updated Last on: Apr 05, 2010