News By Tag
News By Place
The Top 10 Tourist Activities in Victoria BC Canada.
If you are planning your vacation this year, and you are making Victoria BC a part of those plans, here is a nifty list that will help you plan your vacation to one of the best tourist destinations in the world.
By: Darshan Montgomery
1. Butchart Gardens – This is the quintessential Victoria BC tourism attraction. This was once an old quarry that over time Jennie Butchart converted into the massive and diverse themed gardens they are today. Come during Saturday nights in the summer and you will be treated to an extensive fireworks display. This world renowned garden is the attraction that put Victoria BC on the map.
2. Royal BC Museum – One of the best museums in all of Canada awaits your exploration in Victoria BC. Explore British Columbia's vast and rich natural, human and cultural history brought to life in hyper-realistic displays. The Royal BC museum is fun for the whole family and can take a few hours to browse.
3. IMAX Theater – Just beside the Royal BC Museum is the famous IMAX Theater. Enjoy one of their movies on the biggest screen you have ever seen.
4. Whale Watching – Victoria BC is home to several pods of killer whales that migrate back and forth in both the Strait of Jaun De Fuca and the Strait of Georgia. One of our many whale watching guided tour companies will take you on an expedition to see these magnificent creatures.
5. Beacon Hill Park – A large urban park just a 10 minute walk from downtown Victoria. A great place to take the family, spend the day and have a picnic. Meandering pathways snake through gardens, beside ponds with fountains, towering evergreen trees, a nursery for herons, miles of accessible coastline, a petting zoo, playground, two water parks and up to the top of Beacon Hill there is a majestic view of the Olympic Mountain Range and Jaun De Fuca Strait.
6. Craigdarroch Castle – A Victorian era castle in Victoria BC! Who would have guessed? This castle has been lovingly restored almost entirely to its former glory. Each room displays period furniture, clothing and artworks commonly found in a classic Victorian era home. See how they lived, experience the nostalgia and learn the history of Victoria BC's premier castle.
7. Victoria BC Legislature – Not every attraction in Victoria BC costs money. 9 -5:30 Monday to Friday you can take a guided or self guided tour of the Parliament Buildings for FREE. Marvel at the incredible architecture, unique artwork and rich and diverse history that houses our provincial government.
8. The Causeway – Some times there is nothing better than a little unstructured leisure time to forget life's ills and develop fond memories. Victoria BC's picturesque causeway at the foot of the Parliament Buildings and the Fairmont Empress Hotel is the place for a little stroll with a tourist friendly atmosphere. Buskers, street performers and artists selling their quaint creations are just some of what to expect when you explore Victoria BC's causeway.
9. Art Gallery of Greater Victoria – Featuring touring displays from artists all over the world. The Greater Victoria Art Gallery is also home to Emily Carr's works that are on permanent display.
10. Goldstream Park – Time to head out and connect with nature. Walk through the rainforest, watch the seasonal salmon swim up stream to spawn and challenge yourself to a hike up to the top of Mt. Finlayson.
If you are planning some tourist activities this year in Victoria BC, keep these activities in mind and don't hesitate to read a more detailed guide to Victoria BC Tourism. http://www.victoriabcca.com/
# # #
Primarily developing travel and tourism websites for major destinations around the world. Currently we have sites for Niagara Falls Canada and Victoria BC Canada and more are under development.