News By Tag
* Workforce Investment Board
* Ventura County
* More Tags...
News By Location
Ventura County Workforce Investment Board Seeks Nominations for Annual Awards
The Workforce Investment Board of Ventura County (WIB) is seeking nominations for individuals and organizations demonstrating exemplary commitment to advancing workforce development in Ventura County.
An individual, employer, organization or partnership may be nominated or self-nominated in one or more categories:
1. WIB Youth Opportunity Award - for efforts made to provide employment opportunities for youth to gain work experience so they can become valuable contributors in our county's future workforce.
2. WIB Collaborative Action Award – for a partnership that helps meet employer needs and/or improve the relevance and capacity of education and workforce training in Ventura County.
3. WIB Champion for Growth Award - an active supporter of workforce development in Ventura County through job creation and retention, or by attracting new businesses or industries to our community.
4. WIB Leadership Award - for efforts that embody the spirit and purpose of workforce development in Ventura County; a role model who takes on and solves workforce challenges.
"The new WIB Youth Opportunity Award recognizes employers who provide youth with valuable insights into the real world of employment, as well as career experience. Because of the collaborative support of Ventura County’s employers, this year’s California Youth@Work program was a great success,” says Will Berg, Chair of the WIB Marketing and Business Outreach Committee and Director of Marketing and Public Information for the Port of Hueneme Oxnard Harbor District.
WIB Award recipients in 2009 were Captain David Fleisch, Chief Staff Officer, Naval Base Ventura County ; Joan Baldarrama, Vice President of Administration, Lucix Corporation, Camarillo ; Efren Gorre, Chief Program Officer, City Corps of the Central Coast ; Walter Knauss, Chief Operating Officer, Bestforms, Camarillo ; and Lori O’Neil, DVM, owner, Adobe Animal Hospital, Oxnard
A nomination form is available on the WIB website: www.wib.ventura.org.
# # #
About the Workforce Investment Board
The Workforce Investment Board administers federal funds that help to support Job & Career Centers (JCC) and other adult, youth, and employer programs and services in Ventura County. With additional resources from the County of Ventura Human Services Agency, the JCCs provide employment assistance, career training and education services to job seekers, and employee recruitment, customized training and employer consulting to local businesses. JCC services are provided at no cost to job seekers and employers. For more information, call 800-500-7705 or visit www.wib.ventura.org.