News By Tag
News By Place
CruiseLineFans Name this Years Top 5 Most Dangerous Cruise Destinations.
CruiseLineFans warn members of the top 5 most dangerous cruise destinations and advise on steps to take to avoid potential dangers when travelling to exotic destinations.
1. Antigua: Anitgua has seen a large number of violent crimes committed against cruise passengers and tourists. The most recent of which is the death of Nina Elisabeth Nillsen, murdered during a shore excursion while on a wedding cruise aboard Star Clipper's (http://www.cruiselinefans.com/
2. Jamaica: While nearby to the US and an extremely popular tourist destination, Jamaica (http://www.cruiselinefans.com/
3. Brazil: Rio de Janeiro and other Brazilian ports of call allow cruise passengers to experience South American culture at its finest. However, petty crime, including pick-pocketing, remains a constant concern for the dozens of tourist police now stationed throughout the city. If you want to see the city, this may be a time in which you select to choose an organized ship tour. Violent crime does not appear as dire an issue in Brazil and its wonderful cities and ports, as it does in the Caribbean. Keep in mind that all US visitors to Brazil will need to get a visa before your cruise.
4. Nassau: Nassau, Bahamas (http://www.cruiselinefans.com/
5. Cruise Ship: Cruise ships are the vessels which deliver passengers wonderful vacation experiences, as well as exotic destinations. Its always important to remember that these ships can pose safety threats to those not paying close attention to their surroundings. Pay attention at the muster drill: it just might save your life or the the life of a loved one. Leave your truly valuable possessions at home. Don't leave your drink unattended. (Sexual crimes are still the most prevalent crime committed aboard a cruise ship.) Don't lean over the railings; they're there for a reason. Most passengers or crew who fall overboard are never recovered. Cruise ships are small cities and have all types of people from all walks of life; be considerate of others and walk away from any disagreements or fights. Don't invite people you don't know into your room and refrain from giving out personal information to strangers.
Cruise vacations are supposed to be relaxing, enjoyable experiences surrounded by friends and family. Crime and violence is a fact of life in every city in the United States (http://www.cruiselinefans.com/
Alex Saint, CEO of Cruiselinefans commented “modern cruise itineraries offer access to some of the world’s most exotic and exciting locations and the cruise industry as a whole needs to ensure that its passengers are well informed about any potential dangers. The community at Cruiselinefans.com keeps a close eye on most security concerns and is a great source of tips and recommendations about how to stay out of trouble on your cruise.”
# # #
CruiseLineFans (http://www.cruiselinefans.com ) is the fastest growing, most friendly and informative cruise travel forum on the Web. CruiseLineFans plays host to forums dedicated to this discussion of popular cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian and many others. Images galleries, polls, roll calls, special cruise deals, cruise and ship reviews, as well as off topic discussion is also available. The forum boasts in excess of 22,000 members, over 38,000 threads, and 1.5 million posts.