News By Tag
* Print Ad
* Direct Response
* Copy Writer
* Direct Marketing
* Direct Response Marketing
* Direct Response Advertising
* More Tags...
News By Location
A Top Copy Writer Helps Businesses with Their Direct Response Needs During The Recession
Bob Bly, a direct marketing consultant and one of the nation’s top copywriters, offers free tips on direct marketing solutions to help businesses survive the recent tumultuous times.
River Vale, New Jersey – February 2010 – As the economy is poised to turn around, now more than ever businesses need to develop good marketing strategies and utilize advertisement which brings results. Bob Bly, who has 3 decades of experience in business-to-
One of the most efficient ways to market is the print ad – a good print ad. Says Bly: “In order to define what constitutes good print advertising, you start with understanding what a good print ad in not”, that is:
It is not creative for the sake of being creative, it is not designed to please copywriters, art directors, agency presidents or even clients and its main purpose is not to entertain, win awards or shout at the readers.
So, what makes successful direct response print ad?
1. It stresses a benefit.
2. It arouses curiosity and invite readership.
3. It provides information.
4. It is knowledgeable. Successful ad copy reflects a high level of knowledge and understanding of the product and the problem it solves. The opposite approach - assuming the reader is completely ignorant - can insult the reader’s intelligence and destroy your credibility with him.
5. It has a call to action. Good ad tells the reader the next step in the buying process and encourages him to take it NOW.
These are the characteristics of a successful direct response ad. “But”, you may ask, “what about general advertising?”
Well, the best way to make your general advertising more effective is to write and design it as a direct response ad. Applying all the stock-in-trade techniques of the direct marketer virtually guarantees that your advertisement will be better read - and get more response - than the average “image” ad.
“I agree with Howard Ruff” adds Bly “when he says that everything a marketer does should be direct response, since results are all that matter, not the appearance of the ad.”
For a comprehensive list of tips and for more information about successful direct response marketing please visit www.bly.com.
# # #
Bob Bly is a freelance copywriter and a direct marketing consultant, specializing in business-to-