Fad Diets - 5 Reasons Why Fad Diets Fail
You will be surprised at what you can eat on this type of diet. Anyway the diet is called
By: Availene Gaston
A lot of these popular fad diets have the counterproductive effect of slowing down your metabolism; this impedes the goal of weight loss. These fad diets often focus on severe caloric restriction, which makes your body think that it is starving, to which it responds by slowing your metabolism.
The popular fad diets usually fail to incorporate lifestyle changes, which is what can make a diet plan effective. There is generally no exercise program included and in fact, no kind of long term plan whatsoever! This means that even if you lose a little weight during the diet, you have not changed your lifestyle, meaning you will more than likely just gain back all of the weight they had lost.
These fad diets are unhealthy weight loss programs which are not sustainable over the long term. Here are five reasons to avoid these popular fad diets.
1. A lot of the weight loss in these popular fad diets is simply water weight, which is only a temporary weight loss. Over the long term, these diets promote the loss of muscle rather than fat.
2. These diets are by and large not healthy. These diets may ask you to skip meals, which slows your metabolism, making it harder to lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat five or six small healthy meals each day. These fad diets usually do not provide a nutritional balance - this is not healthy.
3. Fad diets are not viable over the long term. Most of the weight lost will quickly be regained after you go back to your old dietary habits. These diets only produce a temporary result.
4. They make you feel awful. These diets severely restrict both caloric intake and do not meet your nutritional requirements. These make you irritable and tired and can even make you sick!
5. These diets are not tailored to your individual needs. A weight loss plan which will be effective over the long term is one that takes your particular situation and needs into account. A good weight loss plan should be designed by a nutritionist or physician - and of course, you should consult with your doctor before beginning any weight loss regimen.
Save your money. If you want to lose fat fast and keep it off while staying healthy, there is a program which can work for you. It's healthy and effective and is based on the glycemic index. This is a proven diet that keeps your insulin levels under control. You will be surprised at what you can eat on this type of diet. Anyway the diet is called
Visit us online at : http://betterlifeinformation.com/